tranny issue 03 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on tranny issue 03 wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i just got my 03 wrx. all was good untill last week . i was at a stop lite ...

tranny issue 03 wrx

so i just got my 03 wrx. all was good untill last week . i was at a stop lite when i whent to take off in first i didnt go anywhere all other gears are fine but my car wont move in first gear plz help.... thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like its time for a rebuild or new transmision. Any noise, grinding, etc.?

I Support ClubWRX
    more info please

no it didnt make any noise just stopped working . i was thinking shift fork. if i do need a tranny is the sti tranny something i should think about?

im not sure what else to say ... but its an 03 wrx with 130k on it and i just got it for a fun car its really my first import ive allways had big power v8s but i wanted to go to wrx but i dont know much about them...lol.... its like starting all over

Quote Originally Posted by marley1129 View Post
    im not sure what else to say ... but its an 03 wrx with 130k on it and i just got it for a fun car its really my first import ive allways had big power v8s but i wanted to go to wrx but i dont know much about them...lol.... its like starting all over
    I'm new to it too man. I've always had cobras and vettes but I love my 02 man it's awesome. Sounds like to me you might have grinded a synchronizer or maybe broke a shift fork up top. And as far as the sti tranny goes it is a good upgrade. I'm going to convert mine come spring.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.