tranny issue 03 wrx

This is a discussion on tranny issue 03 wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i just got my 03 wrx. all was good untill last week . i was at a stop lite ...

tranny issue 03 wrx

so i just got my 03 wrx. all was good untill last week . i was at a stop lite when i whent to take off in first i didnt go anywhere all other gears are fine but my car wont move in first gear plz help.... thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like its time for a rebuild or new transmision. Any noise, grinding, etc.?

I Support ClubWRX
    more info please

no it didnt make any noise just stopped working . i was thinking shift fork. if i do need a tranny is the sti tranny something i should think about?

im not sure what else to say ... but its an 03 wrx with 130k on it and i just got it for a fun car its really my first import ive allways had big power v8s but i wanted to go to wrx but i dont know much about them...lol.... its like starting all over

Quote Originally Posted by marley1129 View Post
    im not sure what else to say ... but its an 03 wrx with 130k on it and i just got it for a fun car its really my first import ive allways had big power v8s but i wanted to go to wrx but i dont know much about them...lol.... its like starting all over
    I'm new to it too man. I've always had cobras and vettes but I love my 02 man it's awesome. Sounds like to me you might have grinded a synchronizer or maybe broke a shift fork up top. And as far as the sti tranny goes it is a good upgrade. I'm going to convert mine come spring.