CamShaft Position sensor.

This is a discussion on CamShaft Position sensor. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got the CEL P0365 camshaft position sensor (bank 1). Now the problem is I don't know exactly where is ...

CamShaft Position sensor.

I got the CEL P0365 camshaft position sensor (bank 1). Now the problem is I don't know exactly where is the position sensor located?? I currently have a EJ207 on my 04 WRX.

Please really need help on this. I've had this code for a month now with no success in taking it off.

Thanks guys, Happy holidays.
    Last edited by nunez07c; 12-17-2011 at 09:25 AM.
    Pic to soon to come ...... 19 yrs old. Drive a Subbie( Im a newbie). 3rd Year Of college going to third.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anyone????
    Pic to soon to come ...... 19 yrs old. Drive a Subbie( Im a newbie). 3rd Year Of college going to third.

I Support ClubWRX
    No offense,but have you even tried Google? If it is a true Ver7 longblock swap then there are two sensors. The sensors are on the top of the heads right behind the intake cam gears. Takes 5 minutes to remove a sensor. If it is just a shortblock swap then it's the same for any USDM 2.0L WRX. One sensor behind the drivers side intake cam gear. Also there is no need to make multiple threads asking the same question. Just bump your original thread.
    Last edited by Donkey; 12-16-2011 at 07:54 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Yes, i've googled it. I have a ver8 complete swap, and I know there are two sensors in a ver8 and that one sensor is behind the cam gears but thats on bank 2. I'm looking for the sensor in bank 1, left side.

I Support ClubWRX
    They are both on the intake cam.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

OK, thank you. I had no idea. --- Do you know by the chance if an EJ205 sensor will work on the EJ207?? If not sure, what the worst that can happen if I just test it out by simply installing the wrx one for a few minutes?

thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Should be pretty easy to tell when you pull the sensor......
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S