Philips 85122 HID Bulbs - EBAY
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Philips 85122 HID Bulbs - EBAY within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So my 2007 STI had a low beam go out last week. After pulling the bulb and going to the ...

Philips 85122 HID Bulbs - EBAY

So my 2007 STI had a low beam go out last week. After pulling the bulb and going to the dealership and autozone with $154 and $99 (off brand) per bulb options offered, I decided to check in into the web.

I got on eBay expecting fakes and found many fakes for cheap. Finally I talked to HIDbulbzRus on eBay, and found a killer deal for $32 ea. + $9 shipping and he swore up and down he had direct connections to the Philips manufacturer and that his were genuine and to read his reviews...

I tried it out, and also went with the 85122 instead of the 85122+ that came factory. Here is what I got,

NEW BULBS: (Note the blood stain that is usually NOT present on the fake Philips bulbs)

OLD BULBS: Factory 85122+

OLD Factory 85122 + on the driver side ---- NEW 85122 eBay bulb on the passenger.

NEW BULBS.

In all I am super stoked on the new bulbs and their quality. I like the 85122 better, they seem to be brighter and whiter. 85122+ is supposed to be non-color shifting though so we'll see if I like the non (+) better... These eBay bulbs seem to be legit, hope this helps if any of you were wondering about these eBay deals.
    Hit up HIDbulbzRus on ebay for good product!

2007 UGM WRX STi - Limited 65k
    PSN : MileHiTattoo
    facebook.com/paul.berkey

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    still wouldn't trust them. Check out theretrofitsource.com. They have good prices and are a legit vendor so there isn't even a fear of bad bulbs.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Well in any case, I didn't want to spend $200+ on new bulbs. And I think they look excellent, and seem legit. Seeing and really looking them over I couldn't find any reason to think they were counterfeit.

facebook.com/paul.berkey

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Definitely not claiming yours are. Just for future reference and as other people will be viewing this thread, ebay would not be my first choice in getting bulbs (a vital piece of safety equipment) for my car.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

As long as you get a dealer with reputable feedback, and you have legit parts, there's nothing wrong with ebay. I usually make it my first search when I know what I'm looking for. So why not try to save as much as possible? In this case the average person should be smart enough to walk away from something if it's too good to be true...

But who am I kidding...general population is full of idiots.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    As long as you get a dealer with reputable feedback, and you have legit parts, there's nothing wrong with ebay. I usually make it my first search when I know what I'm looking for. So why not try to save as much as possible? In this case the average person should be smart enough to walk away from something if it's too good to be true...

But who am I kidding...general population is full of idiots.
    Agreed, and typically eBay has 95% crap, and 5% good deals on quality. In this case, I wanted to share my (what seems to be) great find. Oh an BTW I received the bulbs 2 days after I ordered them. Awesome.

facebook.com/paul.berkey

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.