P0032 and P1131 Codes
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on P0032 and P1131 Codes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sooo I get two codes P0031 HO2S heater control circuit high Bank 1 Sensor 1 and P1131 Oxygen Sensor Malfunction(Short ...

P0032 and P1131 Codes

Sooo I get two codes P0031 HO2S heater control circuit high Bank 1 Sensor 1 and P1131 Oxygen Sensor Malfunction(Short Circuit). I purchased a new DENSO front oxygen sensor and threw it in. I recet the ECU and the CEL comes right back on within 5 seconds of the car being on. I erased it and reset the ECU again with no luck. I have been trying to put this car together and every time one thing is fixed, another one comes up. I just replaces the Throttle Position sensor due to a CEL and I get O2 codes now. Please help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Took the car around the block, first time I drive it since I bought it. It was sluggish, barely creeping, new code P1093 TGV 2 system closed together with P0031 and P1131. Amazingly the codes multiply as I throw parts at it.

It would be a good idea to start with year/mileage/mods/maint history/ownership history/code history.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2002 wrx,106k, manual,3" turbo back, perrin intake and TMIC. I purchased the car without a starter, major oil leak and fuel leak on driver side. Fixed the leaking fuel rail and the oil leak(turbo line). Put in a starter and it started right away, threw a code for the TGV sensor. I replaced it and spring loaded it like it was supoused to. Started the car and it showed P0031 and P1131, replaced the front O2 sensor and reset the ECU, still the codes remain. Went for a 2 min. drive and now I have P1093, P0031 and P1131. i remember I had to take off the TGV motor to get to a bolt and put it back on. That was before being aware of the spring loading. I tried searching for instructions on installing the motor but wasn't able to find out anything. That might explain the P1093 code, but I don't know what to do with the front O2 sensor codes.

Update, still baffled on what is going on. I exposed about a foot of the wires to check for anything unusual but everything seems fine. I found a huge exhaust leak betwwen the up-pipe and the pipe that has the cat on it(right nect th the rear O2 sensor). No gasket, bolts are just hand tight. Can that cause the front sensor to be acting up?

Purchased O2 sensor from Subaru for $251 and I still get the codes, exhaust leak is between the down pipe and the mid pipe. Is it possible another sensor to be causing the front O2 to act up? How do I run diagnistc mode? Hook up the green connectors and read the codes with my scanner?

Update, fixed the exhaust leaks and pre-turbo intake leak I found, still get the codes. Any ideas?

I Support ClubWRX
    I would suspect a harness issue. I suggest purchasing the service manual to help with the trouble shooting. It has the diagnostic "tree" for all the codes in it.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I found a thread somewhere about a guy with a similar problem. No word if he got it figured out, but one of the suggestions was to check timing. I just did and not happy, well kind of. The exhaust cam on the passenger side seems like it is off by a tooth. Middle marks(double) are not perfectly alligned like on the other side. I got some wrenching to do and will see what happens. Please let it be it!

I finally figured it out, it was the ECM. I replaced it with used one from e-bay and she is running again.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.