04 wont start, fpr tapping and continous injector tick?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 04 wont start, fpr tapping and continous injector tick? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am late for work again. This time the car started right up, then died about 5 seconds in. When ...

Exclamation 04 wont start, fpr tapping and continous injector tick?

I am late for work again. This time the car started right up, then died about 5 seconds in. When the car shut off the check engine light started flashing quickly and i could here a tapping sound. When i opened the hood i could hear the clicking and tapping very well. The fuel pressure reg is tapping and from where the clicking noise is coming from it seems to be near the area of the front injector on the pass. side.

I have taken off the battery terms and tried to reset the ecu, buy hitting the breaks and letting the car sit for awhile. it didnt work.

I have plugged in the access port and it will not connect to the car, i assume because as soon as i turn the ign. switch to the on position the check engine light flashes and the tapping begins.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Issue resolved! it was a loose ground cable on the driver-side intake manifold

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.