Starter Wiring help

This is a discussion on Starter Wiring help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have 02 WRX, manual. I purchased the car without starter. I purchased one and I am trying to put ...

Starter Wiring help

I have 02 WRX, manual. I purchased the car without starter. I purchased one and I am trying to put it in but I am confused what to do with the wires. I have positive from the battery, negative with a wierd metal 90 degree metal peice and a small black connector(I figured that one). I looked at the starter wiring diagram and it only shows positive going to it. Any help would be grately appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The ground is a chassis ground, it's not connected to the starter. The battery wire and ignition wire get hooked to the starter, the ground just gets attached to one of the mounting bolts
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Wow, It makes sense. Thanks I will give it a try

It works, Thank you for the help, now I have to deal with the CEL it is throwing.

Quote Originally Posted by mirich View Post
    It works, Thank you for the help, now I have to deal with the CEL it is throwing.
    Glad it worked out for you. When you get it scanned, post up the code and I'll see if I can help
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1