CRC throttle body cleaner Don't use boosted cars? Hmm
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CRC throttle body cleaner Don't use boosted cars? Hmm within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I recently was in the local pep boys looking through some I'd CRCs products and came across throttle nosy ...

CRC throttle body cleaner Don't use boosted cars? Hmm

So I recently was in the local pep boys looking through some I'd CRCs products and came across throttle nosy cleaner. I flipped the can around and read the label top to bottom only to read that it is not safe to use on cars equipped with turbochargers or superchargers, has anyone used this before and would anyone care to clarify as to why it's not safe?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd imagine that means its not safe for use ON the turbo or supercharger.. for the tb it should be just fine. Considering I've seen people use brake cleaner (really not adviseable) and not have any issues.. the tb cleaner cant be much more potent than trusty old carb cleaner might be.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I was dumbfounded when I read the label is said not to use it on cars with forced induction and didn't make sense. I just wanted some reassurance before I wet ahead and used it on my car. And if anything is imagine brake clean is harsher than TB cleaner Lol

Some people spray it into the air box instead into the throttle body itself, that's probably why they have the warning. You dont want that going through the turbo but to clean the throttle body, it's perfectly safe
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Ok thank you. I bring this up because I recently took my IACV off to clean it and couldn't believe how much oil blow by and buildup of anything else in the TB and IACV

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.