My 02' just hit 200K

This is a discussion on My 02' just hit 200K within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; As stated in the Title, My 02' Just hit 200K. I know there are some things I should do Maintenance ...

My 02' just hit 200K

As stated in the Title, My 02' Just hit 200K. I know there are some things I should do Maintenance wise to it to keep it healthy. I'm just wondering what I should look into getting done, besides the timing belt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What has been changed recently? Are your shocks still stock? Bushings could use a replacement by now. All the other normal maintenance items if they have not been performed. Good job getting to 200k. You must be doing something right.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Congrats on the 200k benchmark!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Wow! have you ever had the turbo replaced? I dont think I have ever seen a 200,000 mile WRX with a stock original turbo. As mentioned though that is alot of miles for a boosted car. keep up on the oil changes and the routine maintenance.

yeah everything is stock except for the cold air intake and i think the shocks and struts too were replaced. Just got an AP for it just to see what stage 1 was like and thinking about moving into stage 2 real soon. everything mechanically has been kept up to date. what size turbo should i be looking into getting? I hear that these cars can last a while if you take care of the engine that is.

Well when you start increasing power, you're going to start knocking down the longevity of an engine...especially one that has lived a many miled life already.

I'd get a compression test done before you start thinking about Stage 2.

I would stick with a stock TD04 to be honest.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Modifying a 200k engine is like asking a 90 year old man to run a marathon. Just let it live out the rest of its days in peace.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Just let it live out the rest of its days in peace.
    Clamf!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon