Jacking up 2005 WRX to change oil.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jacking up 2005 WRX to change oil. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I currently have a jack and 2 jack stands. I was going to buy some ramps for simplicity but my ...

Jacking up 2005 WRX to change oil.

I currently have a jack and 2 jack stands. I was going to buy some ramps for simplicity but my vehicle is lowered somewhat and the front scapes the ramps. The issue at hand is I do not have a service manual for my vehicle and with searching I cant find pictures of the jack points for the 2005 WRX. any help or vid would be cool, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Behind the front tires you will see a metal ridge, the side skirt opens up and the ridge gets a little taller (about 1/2") that is a spot welded part of the unibody and is very strong (ment to lift the car with) under the front bumper you will see black steel tabs hanging down on each side. Those are tow hooks. Use your floor jack to jack the car up there, place stands under lift point I talked about earlier.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Any pictures of any of this? This will be my first time doing this and I'd rather not screw up.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ill take some pics of my 11, it will be slightly different but youll get the idea I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Ill take some pics of my 11, it will be slightly different but youll get the idea I guess...
    awesome

I Support ClubWRX
    Here it is

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	046.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	100854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	048.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	100855

Here it is

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	046.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	100854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	048.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	100855
    Awesome. so i put the jack stand between those "notches"

also what exactly am I lookin at in the second photo?

I Support ClubWRX
    The second pic is a tow hook, jack the front of the car up with that. That tow hook on your car is going to be a black steel plate with a hole in it.. But it looks similar to the pic of mine.

The second pic is a tow hook, jack the front of the car up with that. That tow hook on your car is going to be a black steel plate with a hole in it.. But it looks similar to the pic of mine.
    So do i center the jack on that hook? or do I center it on the black steel place to the left of it?

I hate to sound like a ass but if you can't jack your car up I dont think you should be changing your oil.

Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    I hate to sound like a ass but if you can't jack your car up I dont think you should be changing your oil.
    I had ramps back at home, but I dont have the manual for my 05. Completely aware on changing oil and filters

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't bother with jacks or ramps. I just park it on a level surface and reach under. Might be harder since you're lowered, I suppose.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I don't bother with jacks or ramps. I just park it on a level surface and reach under. Might be harder since you're lowered, I suppose.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah thats not happening with my currently vehicle height.

Quote Originally Posted by otakutrevan View Post
    I had ramps back at home, but I dont have the manual for my 05. Completely aware on changing oil and filters
    All I'm saying is if you need a manual to jack up your car then wouldn't you need a manual to change your oil? All cars jack points look the same, and you didn't know what a tow hook is so I was just wondering how many cars have you been under?

Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    All I'm saying is if you need a manual to jack up your car then wouldn't you need a manual to change your oil? All cars jack points look the same, and you didn't know what a tow hook is so I was just wondering how many cars have you been under?

I need to know about tow hooks to unscrew a bolt, remove a filter, and put a new filter on? I know how to change my freaking oil son.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.