EATING GAS! CHECK ENGINE LIGHT? HELP - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on EATING GAS! CHECK ENGINE LIGHT? HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; We don't mean to scare you, we just need to know the full story. If that is indeed the full ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    We don't mean to scare you, we just need to know the full story. If that is indeed the full mod list, a catless uppipe should be in your near future for safety reasons.

Just get your codes read, and let us know the results. It might be in your best interest to pick up a Tactrix cable soon.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ya tuned and dynoed by a guy named dave at metric subaru in huntington

Quote Originally Posted by ewd199 View Post
    aww man u gettin me worried, it was dynoed at 270hp, ive got all receipts. heres list.....
    ------
    vf-39 turbo
    sti injectors
    front mount intercooler
    hks blow off
    hks exhaust
    stage 2 clutch
    --------
    i believe thats everything, performance wise
    It should really be running a larger fuel pump with the larger injectors. I've never heard of the tuner, but I'd really question somebody at a dealer tuning it since it's rare for a dealer to have a dyno.

I do mean to scare you a bit because you really need to know about the tune with a car with that list of mods or you could blow your motor. It's especially concerning that the car is throwing codes and not running perfectly. Personally, if I were you, I wouldn't drive that car until you know exactly what the tune is. If you have to drive it, I'd drive it like a 100 year old grandma and keep the revs below 2500 and never try and hit boost or floor it at all until you can get it checked out.

So you didn't get any info at all about the tune other than the person who did it? Zero zip nada nothing?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

cars been driving fine with mods for just over 24000 miles. have receipt proof with odometer reading and all. MSPT (Metric Subaru) on Long Island by Dave Brown, apparently a good rated dude and great reviews on entire place based on some internet research. 19*lbs of boost 270horse.thanks
    Last edited by ewd199; 12-03-2011 at 10:15 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    jeez.....

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    jeez.....
    ???????

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I hadn't heard of MSPT either, but apparently it's a performance division of a Subaru dealership there. There are a couple of reviews from people online, so I won't question the tune so much. There are some things I would do differently with your modification list just to give you some more room (fuel pump as suggested above), but let's focus on your immediate problem rather than finding out every little detail of your tune. If you trust the guy who owned it before you, you have reciepts, and you're good with it, that's all that matters really. Though I would suggest a checkup with the tuner soon if you can swing it.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't post again asking about your issue until you have the code (P####) to provide.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

^^^^^ what he said

???????
    I believe he was referring to your 191 pounds of boost. That might be your problem right there.....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    ^^^^^ what he said

I believe he was referring to your 191 pounds of boost. That might be your problem right there.....
    lol that was a miss type my bad, ill change it up top to.... 19*lbs....and ya ill get the code tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    I hadn't heard of MSPT either, but apparently it's a performance division of a Subaru dealership there. There are a couple of reviews from people online, so I won't question the tune so much. There are some things I would do differently with your modification list just to give you some more room (fuel pump as suggested above), but let's focus on your immediate problem rather than finding out every little detail of your tune. If you trust the guy who owned it before you, you have reciepts, and you're good with it, that's all that matters really. Though I would suggest a checkup with the tuner soon if you can swing it.
    ya man, i really trust the guy, def one of nicest people ive met when makin a deal like this. i buy and sell dirtbikes and quads all the time, jus not cars. thanks for all your help. ill get to that code asap. thanks again

Code- P0171 (system to lean bank 1), from what ive researched many people of had this code, theres dozens of other threads ive come across with same issue. not neccesarily a big problem, but can get pricy because there is so many little things it could be. heres the list ive come up with

-MAF sensor (clean it)
    -intake leak
    -vaccum hose leak (may consider because there is a tiny bit of turbo stutter)
    -plugs
    -fuel filter
    -front A/F sensor (O2)

pretty sure there is other minor things to check but thats all i got off the top of my head....let me know if youve got any input. thanks for all your help so far. im ganna start simple obviously and then get more into it. thanks again

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Definitely check for leaks in both intake tract and the vaccuum system. If your car is detecting leaner conditions via the O2 sensor than it expects from the readings from the MAF, it will add more and more fuel until it gets to its desired targets. So, it stands to reason that you're seeing some decreased fuel economy here. As you said, start with the easy and least expensive stuff first.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

not that anyone cares but it was the 02 SENSOR!!!! CEL went off yesturaday after replacing it last week. went thru driving cycles and its all good....car runs great. only cost me 120 bucks!...thanks for help

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    not that anyone cares but it was the 02 SENSOR!!!! CEL went off yesturaday after replacing it last week. went thru driving cycles and its all good....car runs great. only cost me 120 bucks!...thanks for help
    Thanks for updating - I'm glad it worked out.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.