Gas smell in engine bay??

This is a discussion on Gas smell in engine bay?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently found out that every morning the engine bay smells like gas. I've only noticed the smell on startup, ...

Gas smell in engine bay??

I recently found out that every morning the engine bay smells like gas. I've only noticed the smell on startup, especially during cold mornings. After driving it around and the car is warm, the smell is gone and no more smell for the rest of the day.
    Pic to soon to come ...... 19 yrs old. Drive a Subbie( Im a newbie). 3rd Year Of college going to third.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am having this exact same problem on my 2005 Sti just noticed this yesterday morning.

Look at the stickies. This is a very well known problem that has had a TSB out for it for many years.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Thanks. Hopefully its nothing too bad. -- For some reason I just think its because the injectors are going bad, since I've bought an engine (EJ207 v8) and its probably been sitting in a warehouse for quite sometime.
    Pic to soon to come ...... 19 yrs old. Drive a Subbie( Im a newbie). 3rd Year Of college going to third.