Help!! 07 Sti not responding like normal

This is a discussion on Help!! 07 Sti not responding like normal within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am having major problems with my car. I just got my car back from the body shop, because of ...

Help!! 07 Sti not responding like normal

I am having major problems with my car. I just got my car back from the body shop, because of some dents that where fixed cause by a bull that dented up my car. All the dents where to the front and rear quarter panels on both the passenger and driver side, and the front doors on both. I gave the car to them and it worked perfectly fine and when i got it back there is no power and it seams that the turbo is not engaging or even working. Every so often driving it it will lurch forward and back like the turbo is trying to engage. I was wondering if anyone can put some light to this problem, or suggest a possible fix. If i didn't provide enough info please let me know and i will post more asap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What breed was the bull? Longhorn? Black angus? Holstein? I hope you had steak for dinner that day.....

Are you getting any CELs? How many miles on the car? Stock or modded? You really give almost zero info to go on and need to provide a WHOLE lot more description of when/why/how the problem happens?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

The bull doesn't matter that i am aware of. But it was a bread that doesn't have horns. I will be having steak here soon has to process.

No the CEL is not coming on which is the reason for the question. The car is stock save for a cold air intake, has only 62k miles on it and came from a dealer ship, and i bought it 4-5 months ago. The problem is when i accelerate but not under idle or neutral. I believe that it is a turbo problem but not entirely sure.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Did you check the piping of your intake to make sure it didn't get smashed when the fender did causing a lack of air to get through??
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

That has been checked, the filter is clean, and visually everything with that looks fine.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    If it was perfect when you took it in to the shop and not when you got it back then you need to be quizzing the shop on what all was done and how it was done.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Hows the idle? did you try reving the engine and hear if there are any issues? Usually if you have an inlet tube or charging pipe off, the vehicle will choke and stall. I would start checking your vacum lines and tooo for anything that looks like it should have been hooked up but maybe was missed. I would also call the body shop and find out what they did with it (engine work). Did you happen to write down the mileage when you dropped it off? I know your a trust worthyperson but..... Have you contacted the shop and informed them of your issues? Is there an odd mileage difference? Just my 2 cents..

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    This really sounds like the car is either not getting any air, or not enough gas.

Do you see any smoke out of the tailpipe? If so, what color?

Did the body shop put new gas in the car? If so, was it 93 oct?
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I Support ClubWRX
    Check the intercooler to throttle body coupler.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I have written down everything that was done, it is just the quarters where put back into shape and painted as well as the doors. The only other thing that was done was the molding over the rear quarters was replaced and the felt window seal was replaced on the driver side front. I will go back over the description of what was done to triple check. As for anything being missed for hook up that was checked as well by three different people and nothing looks like it was missed, from what the "body shop says" they didn't go into the engine compartment to do anything. Millage wise i believe there was a total of 4 miles difference when i got it back from when i put it in and they don't/didn't put gas in the cars they work on and there was no smoke. During idle it runs fine no really strange sounds, during rev when not in gear it revs like normal no chocking or staling. The shop is aware of the issue and waiting for information back from me on the issue, I am taking it in to the Subaru deal in Des Moines to have them see what they can find and point blame.

The intercooler coupler is the one on the front side of the intercooler correct, if so that is in need of readjustment but is still sealed. If that is not the correct one then i'm not fully sure.