Rough idle and random engine stalls help plz - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Rough idle and random engine stalls help plz within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I went out and started my car this morning and let it warm up And then took it for a ...

I went out and started my car this morning and let it warm up And then took it for a spin. It felt perfectly fine today but still am putting new plugs in once my tools are back at my house. I'm hoping the IACV isn't bad seeing how expensive it is...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'll keep you guys posted on it once the plugs are in and again thank you for the help with this.

Is there anything else that you might recommend checking or doing while im in there doing the plugs?

So after swappig out the old plugs, previous owner clearly did not care about maintenance seeing how they were the stock plugs with 130k on them, the car runs like a top. The only catch is that it still idles a bit rough at times. When I took off the IACV to clean it I noticed that the throttle body was just as dirty as it was, would you recommend taking the TB off and thoroughly cleaning it and possible clear up this rough idle. It only idles rough when it is warmed up and it sits at around 500rpms +/- 50 and drops down to as low as 250 rpms and jumps back up. It is not vigorous and when it does do this it only happens every ten seconds or so. No CELs are currently present and I'm oping it will stU that way. My apologies for the late response but I've been crazy busy, thank you for all the help!

I figured the plugs were a problem.

What about other items such as the air filter? I'd go through and do a basic maintenance check on everything. Also clean your MAF and run a few bottles of fuel system cleaner through it.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Replaced the air filter last week and I've been running techtron through the fuel system periodically since I got it, that and seafoam. The plugs had almost no electrodes left and looked absolutely horrible. MAF has been cleaned every other week since day one of having the car but now that I got the car performing much better, other than idle, I took it for a tiny "rally run" and went through a puddle completely forgetting that I have a CAI and think I sucked some water up and births maf with it. Everytime I get into full boost it sounds like I'm "two stepping" until I let off, so basically for a second. Once im home um gonna make a shield for the bottom of where the filter sits and clean the maf sensor. Thank you for the help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.