Possible Clutch problem (tapping sound)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Possible Clutch problem (tapping sound) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey, so everytime I change from neutral to first and sometimes second to third, i can hear a tapping sound ...

Possible Clutch problem (tapping sound)

hey,

so everytime I change from neutral to first and sometimes second to third, i can hear a tapping sound
    (just one tap, thats it) coming from what may possibly be coming from underneath the car. not to sure if its the bottom cover as one of the screws is missing from it and is kind of hanging off but im sure its not because it makes the tapping sound even when idling and changing from neutral to first. the tapping sound also happens when I press down the clutch sometimes. it doesnt sound toooo serious, not the loudest thing in the world but it still worries me, any small problems with my baby i want to get fixed straight away incase it gets worse. it sounds decently loud though when hearing it from outside the car, got my sister to drive it and it sounds embarassing. lol
    so any suggestions?

churr

Oh yeah, its a Subaru Impreza WRX 2000 v7 ---> (yes bugeye lol) by the way incase u need to know. lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Since the tapping does not change when you engage or disengage the clutch that leads me to believe it may not be the release (throw out) bearing, which was my first suspicion. From what you've said look for a mechanical rattle, like something loose, yes. The cover, a bracket, something. Otherwise suspect the clutch release bearing nonetheless I suppose.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.