Gas

This is a discussion on Gas within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i cant go far at all on a single tank of gas.... anyone got the same problem? lol i have ...

Gas

i cant go far at all on a single tank of gas.... anyone got the same problem? lol i have a 2011 WRX STi sedan, went to drive to my beach house last night (bout an hour and a half ride) i gas up in my town before leaving, when i got to my beach house only had a half a tank. i've read the tank is tiny to reduce weight, but im not too informed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How many gallons does it take to fill up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honestly, not exactly sure, i should check next time i gas up

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you not know how to determine MPG's? Also there are alot of varibales you have to take into account..........
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you not know how to determine MPG's? Also there are alot of variables you have to take into account..........
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Gas tank on the 2011 WRX (Sedan and 5-door) is 16.9 gallons...that's bigger than my 15.9 gallon tank.

I know your drive...Where in North Jersey are you and where is your shore house?
    Last edited by Mikie13; 11-30-2011 at 07:16 AM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

It's all in how you drive man. I can hit 30mpg mpg the highway if I do 60, but if I do 70 it goes down to 23-24ish. If you stay out of boost and shift at a lower rpm, you'll get better mpgs.

On a long drive like I know you did, I'd just cruise at 60 and call it a day lol. I drove from here all the way down to North Carolina and only had to fill up once.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I can get 26mpg going 65, using BP gas. I have also found that BP gas tends to be one or two miles to the gallon more than Shell that I use almost religiously or I did.
    STIzzy!