Gas
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gas within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i cant go far at all on a single tank of gas.... anyone got the same problem? lol i have ...

Gas

i cant go far at all on a single tank of gas.... anyone got the same problem? lol i have a 2011 WRX STi sedan, went to drive to my beach house last night (bout an hour and a half ride) i gas up in my town before leaving, when i got to my beach house only had a half a tank. i've read the tank is tiny to reduce weight, but im not too informed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How many gallons does it take to fill up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honestly, not exactly sure, i should check next time i gas up

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you not know how to determine MPG's? Also there are alot of varibales you have to take into account..........
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you not know how to determine MPG's? Also there are alot of variables you have to take into account..........
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Gas tank on the 2011 WRX (Sedan and 5-door) is 16.9 gallons...that's bigger than my 15.9 gallon tank.

I know your drive...Where in North Jersey are you and where is your shore house?
    Last edited by Mikie13; 11-30-2011 at 08:16 AM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

It's all in how you drive man. I can hit 30mpg mpg the highway if I do 60, but if I do 70 it goes down to 23-24ish. If you stay out of boost and shift at a lower rpm, you'll get better mpgs.

On a long drive like I know you did, I'd just cruise at 60 and call it a day lol. I drove from here all the way down to North Carolina and only had to fill up once.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I can get 26mpg going 65, using BP gas. I have also found that BP gas tends to be one or two miles to the gallon more than Shell that I use almost religiously or I did.
    STIzzy!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.