Car starts then shuts off..

This is a discussion on Car starts then shuts off.. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so heres my problem i switch my coil packs for goth side making the back to the front and ...

Car starts then shuts off..

ok so heres my problem i switch my coil packs for goth side making the back to the front and the front to the back. after i did that my car just starts then shuts off... any ideas much help will be apperciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Does this happen every single time? When did the problem start? What modifications are done to the car? Does it or did it ever have a cobb accessport mated to it?

And why did you switch the coil packs?
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

yeah its like for a quick 2seconds then shuts off. it started after i switch the coil packs. not much modifications, just intake thats about it. sorry but i dont know what a cobb accessport is, and i switch it cause i wanted to see if it would take the check engine light out. the issue with the car is, i have misfire cylinder on all 4 cylinder.

Well switching the coil packs certainly didn't help the problem. What specific misfire codes are you getting?

It sounds like you have a problem that switching the coil packs makes worse.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe you hooked them backup wrong or if you removed the intake you installed it backwards.The black connectors need to go to the back cylinders and the MAF sensor plug should face the front of the car.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

at first i had misfire cylnder number 2. then after i switch it. all 4 came back up. one of my coilpack is a bit rusted compare to the others. i did whites in the front, and blacks in the back. and juts right now, i tried to starting my car again, it actually started for 2 seconds then it shut off. when i was gasing it. i am having used coilpacks commin in next week or this weekend. hopefully that would make it start..

so can you guys tell me what the problem might be? even if your not 100%...

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you remove you intake to check remove the coil packs? Make sure you installed it right. Obviously go back and recheck what you did. Not alot involved with taking off a coil pack and putting it back on.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

yeah i did all that. i install everything back proper, i cleaned the maf sensor. still the same

alright what i forgot to add was that my car was boggin to the max. i gas it all the way and it was only going 5-10 mph.. why did this happen?

effed up fuel system at some point?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

thats what im hoping... gonna check out the fuel pump and fuel injectors tommorow. everytime i start my car, it just dies out. does not start at all.