Front Passenger clicking/tapping sound.

This is a discussion on Front Passenger clicking/tapping sound. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, 02 wrx, stock, 78k. I have been hearing a clicking/tapping noise coming from the front passenger side of ...

Front Passenger clicking/tapping sound.

Hey guys,
    02 wrx, stock, 78k.
    I have been hearing a clicking/tapping noise coming from the front passenger side of my vehicle while driving. It seems to be some what related to braking but I can't really pin point what/where it is. It happens when slowing down and taking off and usually happens when I step on the brakes or shortly after I release the brake pedal....but not always. Sometimes it just happens out of nowhere. Ive done some research and have determined that it could possibly be the caliper or the wheel bearing.
    Any Thoughts?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, or the axle. Check for debris stuck somewhere, check the wheel bearings, and check for torn axle boots.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.