2006 WRX Limited RED brake calipers...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX Limited RED brake calipers... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Quick question. I was replacing my pads and rotors today and found that one of the pistons in my driver ...

2006 WRX Limited RED brake calipers...

Quick question. I was replacing my pads and rotors today and found that one of the pistons in my driver side front caliper is stuck. I tried bleeding it at the caliper and finally got it to fit back on the rotor but it is extremely tight and wouldn't loosen up after my short test drive. Does anyone know if these calipers can be rebuilt, and if not, does anyone know an affordable place to order them? It costs $363 for a new one from the dealer, which I'm not eager to spend. I've never had a stuck piston before on any vehicle, let alone a 5 year old Subie... seems odd.
    THANKS EVERYONE FOR ANY HELP!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They are rebuildable.
    Here is how to do it
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=881881

Caliper seal kit: 26297FA051
    Available here, or any Subaru dealer.
    enuine Subaru Front Brake Rebuild Kit- 4-POT caliper - SubaruWRXparts.com
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 11-15-2011 at 04:22 PM.

AWESOME! Thanks a lot for your help! The reason I posted was because I had to ditch my car where I was working on it and leave for work so I wasn't able to take the time and go through them. I have the rebuild kit on order, and hoping I don't have to replace the whole caliper, as that piston would not move AT ALL. We'll see, until then, thanks again!

Has anyone ever purchased from/heard of ezsubaruparts.com, subarugenuineparts.com, or subarupartsdepot.com? I ordered my caliper rebuild kits from subarupartsdepot but they seemed kinda disorganized (unable to bring up account info) and unsure of what they were talking about. Also they don't allow you to order over the phone. Then I found the other 2 sites and they all used the same site format and do not allow phone orders either. Seems odd, I've purchased many parts online/over the phone and it's always been a smooth process.

I Support ClubWRX
    Why order online instead of keeping your money local? Local business=local money..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I only ordered online because it was a LOT cheaper than any local place

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you talk to your local subaru dealer for them to price match? If you take off a printed price sheet they should have no issues price matching.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I've purchased things from SubaruGenuineParts.com || Where Genuine is Better! many times. This site is associated with Chaplin's Bellevue Subaru (where I purchased my car). They are great!

However, the caliper rebuild kit isn't listed on their website, so you'll have to call them to order.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    I've purchased things from SubaruGenuineParts.com || Where Genuine is Better! many times. This site is associated with Chaplin's Bellevue Subaru (where I purchased my car). They are great!

However, the caliper rebuild kit isn't listed on their website, so you'll have to call them to order.
    I'm glad you mentioned that! Their website had some good prices, and by the way things were looking I may have to replace a caliper. I'm still shocked I'm having this much trouble with a car that has 70k. I've always spent whatever it took to get good parts and good service in regards to maintaining this car. The driver side had one completely jammed piston, and passenger had one that didn't want to move at first, both having the bleeders and everything opened. Is there something I'm missing before I get to crazy and start buying pricey calipers? Either way, you guys are a great help!

I'm having a great deal of trouble getting the pistons out of the calipers. had to split the caliper and removed 2 so far. Pressurized air didn't budge them. Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.