Turbo Not Turning boosting. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Turbo Not Turning boosting. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; boost leak is the least of the worries if the turbo isn't even hot Maybe he has no uppipe...or no ...

boost leak is the least of the worries if the turbo isn't even hot

Maybe he has no uppipe...or no headers?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I probably would have bought a boost gauge before anything. You might have been suprised to find out nothing was wrong.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I probably would have bought a boost gauge before anything. You might have been suprised to find out nothing was wrong.
    +1...

Yes WRXs have a nice amount of power...but its not exactly a huge kick in the pants amount of power...especially depending on how you drive. You can barely hear the turbo do anything on my STI with a G200 CBE.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Yeah on my STI you can't really hear the turbo at all. On my '04 you could hear it a little with the stock exhaust, then with a Cobb DP you could really hear it. My kids called it my "airplane car" because of the whine like a jet engine you'd hear.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

haha i asked the same question and both sinster and telfon said the same thing .
    Shifting Day n Night in my RedRex

My intercooler hose had a slice in it and thats where it was leaking, no idea how it could have gotten there maybe somebody slipped and cut into it. Thanx for all the info, least I learned a little too.

^^Glad to hear you don't have a big issue!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12