WRX - 1 Deer - 0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX - 1 Deer - 0 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I hit a deer on Saturday night..... I was hanging out with my tattoo artist, Bill, and was just ...

I killed Bambi!

So I hit a deer on Saturday night.....

I was hanging out with my tattoo artist, Bill, and was just on my way to take him home and the thing leaped out in front of me off of an embankment. I only saw it mid air before I could react and I was on the brakes so hard and was able to get the ebrake up too. I hit him really good though and he was on the front end of my car until it stopped and then he flew another 20-30 feet.

He just layed in the middle of the street moaning and screaming (was really creepy) and while I was on the phone with 911 dispatch he got up and just stood there. He was pouring blood out of his mouth and nose and stumbled back into the woods. I'm sure he is dead now....

Well like 5 officers came and one was wielding a shotgun (cause on the phone I said it was still alive and in the middle of the street). They took all my info and told me to pick up the report later and whatever. The car is still drivable, but needs a new fender/bumper/hood. So we leave and I take Bill home and hang out there for about a half hour to calm down and then I head on my way back to my fiancee's parent's house to pick her and the dog up.

Here's where this is gonna get crazy:

Well, about 15 after leaving Bill's I got extremely nauseous and dizzy. I pulled over into a shopping center and by that time everything was spinning. I called my fiancee and told her what was going on and she offered to come get me. While waiting for her I decided to call my father, just to talk and calm me down...While on the phone with him apparently I started vomiting and just told him to get there asap.

When he pulled up apparently I was passed out laying in my own vomit (attractive, huh?). He was able to get me up and into his car and everything was still spinning so bad and I was extremely nauseous. So after my fiancee and her mother got there they decided to call 911 and have me taken to the ER.

So I get to the ER and one of my good friends (from NASIOC) is there, he's an ER nurse. I really don't remember any of this and this is what my fiancee and dad told me: I cursed basically everyone out, police, EMT's, nurse's, the Dr that saw me...basically everyone. I kept telling everyone that my friend Fen (the ER nurse) was there and how happy I was to see him. I kept calling everyone dude and bro (idk...)

So after them putting me under for about 2 hrs I was up and what ended up happening to me was that something inside of my inner ear got messed up and it controls my minds ability to determine left from right and up from down, which is why everything was spinning. The Dr said that is was completely unrelated to the accident, although it was hard to not make a connection between the two. Everyone, including myself, thought I was having a panic attack about my beloved WRX.

In the end, I'm fine now and I have to take some medications for my ear for the next 3 weeks. I'm just really glad my car isn't totaled and no one at all was injured. If, you actually read all of this, thanks!

Cliffs:
    Hit/killed deer
    Got sick later
    Went to ER
    Ran into friend
    Cursed everyone out
    Problem is unrelated to accident
    Read up there for more ^^

Pics!!!

Last edited by xFalleNx; 11-07-2011 at 09:18 AM.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear about the car and the ER trip. Glad you and everything is alright. Get well soon!

Thanks man!

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Damn dude, glad to hear you're ok though... I've seen a lot of deer lately, guess this is a reminder to take it easy around here by work... nothing but woods and deers.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

Glad to hear you're ok, and the damage to the car isn't bad.

Thanks guys!

And yea, it could've been way worse! I'm really lucky the car is still drivable.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

holy crap man.. wild saturday night! lol.. Glad you're ok though.. that's most important.

Cars can be replaced and your friends will have stories to tell for years to embarrass you

From the pics of the damage though its deeper than just what shows on the surface, but nothing a good qualified body shop cant handle and bring back to new condition.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Wow - that was a crazy experience. Crazy. Hard to believe they weren't in some way related. Regardless, glad you are doing better than that deer! Good luck with the recovery and the bodywork!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    Been there, done that.

I hit a deer early this morning :(

Quote Originally Posted by AccordRanger View Post
    Glad to hear you're ok, and the damage to the car isn't bad.
    ^^ This works nicely.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

that's crazy glad to hear you and your car aren't injured that bad. those pesky deers
    Shifting Day n Night in my RedRex

I Support ClubWRX
    impressed at how the car stood up to it
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad to hear you are okay.Sorry about the car.Main thing is that you are safe.

Seems like an extreme case of Vestibular Neuronitis.Did you recently have a cold?

And you really did try to get a tattoo while driving ?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Louis CK Deer - YouTube
    Reminds me of the deer part.

Sounds like Vertigo...

Glad you're alright dude...you'll get the WRX up and running again in no time. Gonna go through insurance?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Sounds like Vertigo...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vertugo.jpg  
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.