WRX - 1 Deer - 0 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX - 1 Deer - 0 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm pretty sure that I envy your drive to work good sir! (well, minus the ever present fear of deer ...

I'm pretty sure that I envy your drive to work good sir! (well, minus the ever present fear of deer attacks)
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It is very nice for a commute.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Definitely beats the bumper to bumper nightmare I deal with all the time lol.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Not to be outdone,we have plenty of deer here in NY.I almost rammed into one coming around a blind corner in the Rex once.The thing was just standing there in the middle of a ramp.Luckily for both of us ,it was fast on his feet.

And never again will I do a midnight drive to Canada.The road was full of them.I was literally dodging deer most of the way.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Canada? Moose are far worse to run into.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Canada? Moose are far worse to run into.
    Lol,not that far.I'm talking about the drive up rt 17 & I-81
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Definitely beats the bumper to bumper nightmare I deal with all the time lol.
    Ughhh same. Rt 38 is a GD parking lot.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

73 gets that way. No deer though.
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

So my adjuster comes out to look at it tomorrow....I've never had to deal with an accident or insurance. I'll let you guys know what the damage is.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Who's your Insurance co?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Geico.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I'm guessing this is the cause of your vertigo: Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 'crystals' responsible for the vertigo were already in your ear, I'm sure, before the accident. But the accident almost certainly caused them to shift suddenly into a position in the inner ear that causes vertigo. I find it hard to believe the doctor wouldn't see the obvious connection. This is quite common, really and there are treatments to try and shift them back into a position that doesn't cause the brain to react to them. Just pray once it goes away it stays away. It has a tendency to come back in some cases.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

ugh I'm really hoping that never comes back. The "vertigo" like symptoms were the worst part of the night. Almost makes me nauseous thinking about it.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

My friend Jessica had Vertigo that lasted almost a week...she has NO idea where it came from either. It just eventually went away by itself but she said it was like the worst week of her life.

I had Vertigo on/off for over two months last year. It started when I was prescribed prescription strength Naproxen (i.e. Mega-Aleve, basically). I'd get on the elevator and it would be like 2 hours before it stopped feeling like I was moving up/down (assuming I didn't have to get back on again). The 'partial room spin' thing would hit me at random too. I took MASSIVE quantities of ginger in the form of adding ginger powder to water with artificial sweetener, which made pseudo-flat ginger ale. Really, it tasted pretty good to me. It helped a LOT, but it wears off so I'd have to take at least 2-3 times a day.

I quit taking the Naproxen almost immediately, but the vertigo didn't stop for another 2.5 months. I'm still not sure if it was a coincidence or not. I tend to get sinus problems a lot, but I've never had vertigo before. I never did care for Aleve, but I won't touch the crap now. I get Tramadol now for odd muscle pains (think it's muscle tension for some reason). Tramadol is a lot better anyway, IMO (not so horrible for your stomach/organs).
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.