Checked oil in jetta...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Checked oil in jetta... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I took my oil cap off and saw this?...

Checked oil in jetta...

So I took my oil cap off and saw this?

<-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you have no other symptoms, don't panic. Make sure the oil you are using meets VW50X.xx or whatever VAG spec necessary, and drive the car more frequently and for longer periods.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yeah, the car seems to drive fine. I was a little worried since my WRX is kind of down for the time being...I really don't drive it much...usually just to work and back which is about 4 mile round trip.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Yeah, the car seems to drive fine. I was a little worried since my WRX is kind of down for the time being...I really don't drive it much...usually just to work and back which is about 4 mile round trip.
    That was my working assumption -- that you do not drive it much. What I suspect you are seeing is in fact water, true; however, its source will with any luck not be internal. By not driving it much you are almost never getting the oil up to full temp, or at least hot enough for the moisture in the sump to not cause false alarms. Were you to do a used oil analysis I'd expect you to see water but not antifreeze.

Keep in mind I am 5,000 km away from the car right now, and not even a mechanic. However, with any luck I am correct in this. In fact, your location -- PA, US -- supports my theory given the time of year.

Change the oil. Use something on VAG's spec list. Change the filter too. Drive the car more often and longer, and see if I'm right and luck is on your side. It should be.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

VWVortex.com - DIY: 2.0 Oil Sludge On Oil Cap Explained! Pics Inside!

I just found this...lol...you were in fact right! I find it hard to search on the vw forums....thats why I asked here...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    VWVortex.com - DIY: 2.0 Oil Sludge On Oil Cap Explained! Pics Inside!

I just found this...lol...you were in fact right! I find it hard to search on the vw forums....thats why I asked here...
    Hah! Glad you found that. OK good!
    SD

Yeah, it took me awhile....the vw forum is full of junk...its hard to sort through all of it...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    One of the beauties of this forum is that either because or in spite of being "smaller" than the largest of the Impreza sites (that shall remain unnamed) the ratio of info to noise is very good IMO.

Plus I think the moderators do a good job at keeping this forum clean too.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the rules really help. They may be more restrictive than other sites, but they do keep the tone more subdued and a lot of the drama etc. is simply absent. And yes, a big "thank you" to the admin and mods from me too.
    SD

Well, thanks again! This thread is done, lol.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.