Smoke, Cause Unknown - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Smoke, Cause Unknown within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mendowagon Crawled under my car today and couldn't find any power steering leaks or oil leaks. No ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mendowagon View Post
    Crawled under my car today and couldn't find any power steering leaks or oil leaks. No torn cv boot either. What I did find was a pinhole sized leak in the seam weld on my downpipe. It was puking out any oiley condensation that was going through the exhaust; initially burning off as it ran down the downpipe. Took it to my buddy who was set up to weld stainless and had him tack up the hole. No smoke since. We shall see if it smokes again.

Thats quite interesting. Could you perhaps describe to me where exactly this seam weld is so I can check mine as well? I never crawled under mine to look but like I said my mechanic brought me back and showed me everything while it was on the lift.

Glad it's worked out for now for you.
    '02 WRX Bugeye; Midnight Blue / Black Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm running a invidia catless bellmouth downpipe. Where the bellmouth part of the downpipe is seam welded to the 3 inch stainless going back to the rest of the exhaust there was a pinhole in the factory machine seam weld. It was discolored and there was a sticky trail where lilttle bits of oiley substance were coming out of the hole and running down the underside of the downpipel causeing smoke to rise underneath the turbo I'm geussing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123