06' WRX OVERHEAT

This is a discussion on 06' WRX OVERHEAT within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys i need your help. I have a 06 WRX with around 100k on it. My car began to ...

06' WRX OVERHEAT

Hey guys i need your help. I have a 06 WRX with around 100k on it. My car began to overheat one in a while, now it overheats every time i drive. I recently got my radiator replaced and i believe it is the cause of the overheat. some more info: my fans turn on when i switch on the a/c, however a small clicking noise is heard when driving. coolant does not look burned...Can anyone provide me with some thoughts or info???
    CHEERS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If the problem started when the rad was replaced, I would let the car cool completely. Leave the motor off for hours or overnight. I would then, with the motor still off, double check the connections to the fans. Next, again while the motor is off, I would burp the system. You can do this by removing the rad cap over the turbo reservoir and gently squeezing the top rad hose. Keep at it, be very patient. Again, the motor is still off at this stage. After you've gone through that for a long, long while, then turn the motor on and let it warm up, burping it as it warms up. Be EXTREMELY CAREFUL now though because the motor is on, and the fans can come on at any moment! Make sure you get circulation when the thermostat opens, keep it topped off with coolant and burped, and see if that helps.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.