Weird Problem at Inspection...Would appreciate any help!

This is a discussion on Weird Problem at Inspection...Would appreciate any help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, got this weird problem...first off i have a 06 wrx, stock, has a check engine light for like ...

Weird Problem at Inspection...Would appreciate any help!

Hey guys, got this weird problem...first off i have a 06 wrx, stock, has a check engine light for like 3 years and its been on with the cruise light too, together. It was time for inspection today and it failed for reasons that i've never heard of...It came back with a "not ready" CAT, Evap, Secondary Air Injection, and Oxy Sensor.

Under the explaination section it says "based on info received from the OBD system, this vehicle has failed due to a problem with the pollution control system."

Second paragraph says, "based on info received from the OBD, the system is not ready to determine the status of the pollution control system."

The only code its throwing is P2444. Which i couldn't find ANYWHERE online after an hour of googling. The computer has been reset a few times over the years from changing batteries and other engine troubles, so the computer has been reset. The last time the battery was pulled was around a week and a half ago. Am i missing something? I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

-Shawn

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

<-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

2 minute google got me this.

P2444 - the Secondary Air Pump 1 Stuck On B1

2006 WRX: P2444 Secondary Air Pump Stuck On - NASIOC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Your car won't pass inspection with a CEL.. so get that fixed. As far as the readiness, you can either force readiness through RomRaider, or you can drive the car for about 100 miles after the CEL is taken care of and all your sensors should show ready.