Turbo leak question

This is a discussion on Turbo leak question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a 2004 wrx and recently noticed oil burning (smoking) off the bottom of the up pipe where it ...

Turbo leak question

i have a 2004 wrx and recently noticed oil burning (smoking) off the bottom of the up pipe where it meets the exhaust manifold. about 2 months ago i had the valve cover gasket and cam seals and oil pump seal replaced. however i am still getting oil burning off my up pipe. this only leaves me with the turbo return line. i checked it today and noticed it was leaking a bit however can that oil manage to make its way onto the up pipe???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It can go everywhere. Get it fixed asap. I'm currently having the same issue...getting it resolved this weekend.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

s**t dude your scaring me lol. im gettin the valve cover replaced tomorrow. if that is source for the smoking up pipe idk if i should even bother with the turbo return line until i upgrade my turbo in a couple months. idk im sure u beg to difer?

second, if i were to tacke the return line hose myself, i hear its a PITA. will i really have to remove the turbo or can i still do it maybe if i remove the downpipe.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    you may have to lower the downpipe and the exhaust, yes. Its super super tight to get to.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

KHP
    If the return line is leaking as well then fix it ASAP. As Kronos said oil leaks can spread everywhere. Oil leaking on very hot exhaust pipes can easily start a fire.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)