Mysterious Drip Trail - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Mysterious Drip Trail within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by KHP Yeah I would ask for a loner. The car is under warranty and this problem has ...

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    Yeah I would ask for a loner. The car is under warranty and this problem has become a great inconvenience for you.
    According to my last convo with them, its not that they wont give me a loner, its that they dont have any currently. Whats my recourse there? Ask for a new/used car off the lot?
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    According to my last convo with them, its not that they wont give me a loner, its that they dont have any currently. Whats my recourse there? Ask for a new/used car off the lot?
    That's BS. This issue could destroy your transmission, if it isn't damaged already, and it is the dealer's perogative to honor the warranty in place on your car immediately. If they don't have any loaners on the lot, the dealer should have a rental company contracted to them who can help you. My dealer has an Enterprise desk right next to the shop floor.

I would call them again, say your car is inoperable (which is true at this point), and they need to rectify the situation. Tell them you expect a loaner or a rental or you'll escalate. You don't have to be a total ass, but make sure they understand your car isn't driveable, and they need to accomodate you.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    is that what those rubber covered flex arms are? Axel seals at the transmission? I like going into the service dept knowing what im talking about...or at least pretending
    Those are the CV Joint boots(Which isn't your problem). There is a male part on the axle that goes into the transmission. There's a seal between the transmission case and the axle which should look similar to this:

They may have ripped or scuffed it when inserting the axle back to the transmission. That I believe is the source of your leak.
    Last edited by KHP; 10-26-2011 at 06:10 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Thank you all for your assistance...Im going to call them as soon as they open tomorrow morning and explain again that the problem is an emergency and that they need to provide me with a loner car. I will update again when there is one
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)

As was suspected, that axel shaft wasn't (re)connected correctly, so it was leaking from there. They fixed it, test drove it, and lap is well for now
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287

KHP
    Good to hear!
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I Support ClubWRX
    sue
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    sue
    No, im Zach...I don't know Sue, sorry
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287

Wasn't connected correctly...wonder how much damage was done. How long did it go between when you had the clutch done and your leakage issue?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

the repair was done end of the week before last and I didnt notice a leak until monday, so maybe a full week/10 days
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345