Car would not start yesterday morning or this morning..???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Car would not start yesterday morning or this morning..??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I went to start my car yesterday morning, and when i turned the key, all the power went out (odometer, ...

Car would not start yesterday morning or this morning..???

I went to start my car yesterday morning, and when i turned the key, all the power went out (odometer, dash lights). The starter wouldn't even click or try to crank it. It was as if the battery was disconnected completely. I then used my moms car to jump-=start it. As soon as the jumper cables touched my car battery's leads, the lights came back on and the car started up easily. I went to school for 11 hours, and when I tried to start it up again, it did with no problem. This morning I went to start it again, and as I let the fuel pump prime, it had no issues (all dash lights were on). I went to crank the engine, and it just died (dash lights shut off, odometer included). I tried to crank it and nothing happened at all. I jump started it again, and it started fine. I went to school for 4 hours, went to start it, and no problem at all. What could be the issue here?
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Get your battery/charging system tested. Or, if you have a DMM you could do some testing yourself.

It connects fine to the car at the other end of the jumper cables, but not to the vehicle's own battery so try cleaning the battery terminals to remove the corrosion layer.

I cleaned the battery terminals, and so far so good. I'll keep updating if it happens again. Thanks for the help.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.