Engine Help!!HELP!!

This is a discussion on Engine Help!!HELP!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; MISFIRE HELP. n Yes i seen Donkeys Sticky for misfires. Cyl 3 MISFIRE only okay so am driving and it ...

Fort Pierce Shores, Florida, United States

Engine Help!!HELP!!

MISFIRE HELP. n Yes i seen Donkeys Sticky for misfires.
    Cyl 3 MISFIRE only
    okay so am driving and it happens my 2004 wrx starts to misfire for a few seconds it goes away engine is runnin normal for about 1min starts to misfire again for a few secs then again goes away the rest of my drive problem free. next day driving again about 5 min into my drive it happens again this time it misfires for about 1 min and goes away then comes back again for another min so i go home chill and get ready to go out car starts up fine i reach my location fine. now am leavin its about a 15min drive home 1 min into my drive starts misfirin again this time it stays misfiring the whole way home. next day i start it up again still misfiring.

my ONLY mods are removed the turbo silencer, CAT back, new kyb struts.

My plugs have never been changed (1st owner didnt even bother)
    i have about 91304 miles.
    2004 impreza wrx sedan
    any help?
    am checking out donkeys misfire sticky post so yea.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Well first I would get the car up to date on maintenance. Your plugs are surely bad by now.

thanks am going to change them i could only get autolite plugs also am going to clean the terminals from the coils and check for cable damage

the plugs i got are double plat autolites

This^

Start ruling out down the list on donkey's misfire sticky and if you still don't find your problem then you have a valve or engine damage issue... Good luck... Start small and work your way up...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

well am going to start on donkeys list saturday. ive changed my plugs still runs the same checked for spark and thats good.

i noticed my exhuast tip gets super hot very fast i drove around the block and that thing wuz super hot.

thank guys for da help

well just went for a lil cruise in my area got back home and man o man that engine bay is super hot loads of heat coming off the turbo more heat then when i take a long road trip. more then normal.

Well got my wrx checked out heres the results compression check 100% okay Coil packs and spark plugs 100% okay injector pulse and electricity 100% okay. The Problem is a Faulty injector. i forgot what he said but it was sumthing inside the injector itsself

Should i replace all 4 or just 1. and where should i look for the part? auto store or Online?

IMO you'd benefit a lot more from replacing all of them at once rather than just one. You can buy better quality ones online than your local store will have to offer. Seeing as your car is basically stock, I recommend just replacing them with OEM ones though. No need to have upgraded injectors at all.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I'D probally replace 2 on the side of the engine your going to be working on... good to hear it isn't something serious...:thumbsup:
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Autoparts has refixed units for 59 and they have a denso brand for 106. and subaru has if for 139 but they dont have 1 in stock in the entire state of florida. <-----Sucks. am thinkin about buyin the denso brand sayin that mostly all the sensors in the wrx are denso brand. or what do yall think should be my best move?

thanks guys for the help foreal thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    IMO you'd benefit a lot more from replacing all of them at once rather than just one. You can buy better quality ones online than your local store will have to offer. Seeing as your car is basically stock, I recommend just replacing them with OEM ones though. No need to have upgraded injectors at all.
    I'd agree with the above. If one's gone... how long until the next goes?

Are you going to do the work yourself? If you are... then doing all 4 with the manifold/TGVs out of the car is probably the easiest (and least curse-wordish) way to do it.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

idk i might just do 2. well depends if i can find video or instructions on how to do it my self then i'll do it my self. whats a tgv?

from just looking at the engine bay i say i have to remove the intercooler and intake manifo

i dont drive my car cause i fear am going to damage a piston i wuz told i can drive it but short drives to avoid melting a coil. Should drive even if its a short drive