Help identify my 2002 WRX brake calibers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help identify my 2002 WRX brake calibers within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, one of my brake calibers started jamming roughly 6 months ago. And recently i've been trying to find a ...

Question Help identify my 2002 WRX brake calibers

Hi, one of my brake calibers started jamming roughly 6 months ago. And recently i've been trying to find a replacement with little to no succeess. The car was originally bought from Florida and shipped to Finland where I live. Finding the same kind of brake caliber is proving to be hard as hell. I'll put few pictures here incase some of you might identify what the current ones are and thus help me out finding a new one.

Thx of any info u guys can give me..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That's a standard US model new age WRX caliper. It will not match the correct EU WRX calipers, since it is a single piston design. You can either look for it at a US dealer, a US wrecker, or from an EU dealer that has parts for a non-WRX Impreza that might fit. I would look closely at the 1.6L TS calipers, or the 2.0L GT, or even an Outback Sport (any motor) and see if those fit if you want to shop locally.

Another option: If drivers there are as, um, delicate with their Imprezas as they are here in the US, wreckers should have plenty of spares... See if you can convert your brakes to the correct EU dual (or later multi) piston versions. However, in doing so you will require the correct EU wheels or an equivalent.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thx for your reply, atleast know i know where to look for a bit. If anyone could guide me towards some shop where i could order online and have it shipped to europe as well? I'm totally clueless...

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you'd be better off looking for EU spec WRX calipers if you're going to swap all of them. Look at shops locally, and if you still have issues, look in the US. Shipping 4 calipers from the US would be fairly expensive, I would think.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.