Help please! WRX shakes!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help please! WRX shakes! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, My car is a 2010 WRX with 21k miles on it. Recently maybe 100 to 200 miles ago my ...

Help please! WRX shakes!

Hello,
    My car is a 2010 WRX with 21k miles on it. Recently maybe 100 to 200 miles ago my car began to shake while in idle. It started doing it for a few seconds then stop. Now it does it more frequently and shakes more. Its not normal at all considering i know what the normal "Boxer" shake is. On top of this the rpm will drop below normal while idling and the car will almost bog out then the rpm go back up to normal, then above normal then back down to normal. This doesnt happen as often but its still occuring. The computer hasnt thrown a CEL so that isnt a help to me. Yesterday while the car was shaking a bit i pulled into a garage opened my hood and saw the engine moving more than i believe it should. I dont think the engine mounts would have gone bad already,and if it is that, whats up with the rpm jumps.
    Any help would be a great!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would say take it to the dealer!

Sounds like you might have a disconnected vacuum/boost line or a problem with the MAF or IAC or something. as said it should still be under warranty. I wouldnt touch anything, bring it to the dealer...

Thats what I had, Subaru is currently removing and putting in a whole new wiring harness for my car

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you have your A/C or Defrost enabled
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Sounds like you have your A/C or Defrost enabled
    Yeah, that was my first thought.

Sounds like its pretty bad, though. Definitely take it to the dealer. Maybe the AC compressor clutch is sticking.

Sent from my Droid 2
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.