gasoline mixing to engine oil need help pls...

This is a discussion on gasoline mixing to engine oil need help pls... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys i need some input, i just change the engine oil with pennzoil 5w-30 and i just realized after ...

gasoline mixing to engine oil need help pls...

hey guys i need some input, i just change the engine oil with pennzoil 5w-30 and i just realized after 200 miles of driving i checked the oil from the dipstick and the oil smells like mixed with a gasoline any input with that?. and also i was driving the other day and i just realized that i felt nauseated, having a headache and i felt like my lungs are burning, but i don't smell anything inside my car. this was an issue for me the first time i used a catless dp so i replaces it with a catted one. after that i saw the only possible way the exhaust fumes will come inside the car is from the 4 holes in the decklid located on its lip so i plug the hole and it worked. (that was last spring). help please tnks
    Cobb Stage 2 and Heat Shield, NGK Iridium spark plugs, Invidia up pipe, divorced catted dp, G200 exhaust, GP Moto elbow, K&N Filter and Tein Flex Coilovers, Kartboy short throw and rubber bushing. Whiteline swaybars and bushings, kart boy end links, DBA F/R rotor hawks pads.
    Turbo upgrades processing

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry but I'm confused after your description. What 4 holes are you talking about?

Did you replace all of the exhaust gaskets when you put on the new DP and CBE? Did you re-torque everything after 100 miles of driving?

There's really no easy way for gas to get into your oil. If you massively flooded your engine and then let it sit for a while, some gas could get through the gaps in the rings and into spaces where only oil should go. But that's one heck of a stretch and only a tiny bit of gas could get in there.

My first guess honestly is that you're smelling oil and not gas and just aren't differentiating them correctly.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

KHP
    One sure way to find out whether you have fuel in your oil is by getting an oil sample and sending it for analysis. It will cost you a little money, but my UOA's help me sleep better at night. It's also a good way to detect problems before they get much worse.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Sounds like the 4 holes in the decklid are from removing the spoiler.

As for gas in the oil you are either just smelling oil or the blowby from combustion. Nothing to worry about.

tnks a lot for the quick reply guys. teflon i retighten all the bolts and i used new gaskets. the four holes i was talking about was located on the bottom part behind the lip of the decklid above the bumper. how about if your head gasket are worn out is there a possibility that the gasoline will mix on my engine oil? coz on my previous post i saw a leak of oil above the timing belt cover, yeah btw teflon i did clean that spot i will post the picture too tnx again guys.
    Cobb Stage 2 and Heat Shield, NGK Iridium spark plugs, Invidia up pipe, divorced catted dp, G200 exhaust, GP Moto elbow, K&N Filter and Tein Flex Coilovers, Kartboy short throw and rubber bushing. Whiteline swaybars and bushings, kart boy end links, DBA F/R rotor hawks pads.

pics are in order: first pic before cleaning, 2nd. after cleaning it and 3rd. after driving the car for about 200 miles.
    Attachment 99849Attachment 99850
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0523.jpg   IMG_0536.jpg   IMG_0543.jpg