03 wrx Death wobble

This is a discussion on 03 wrx Death wobble within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so I'm new to forums and i just got an 03 wrx about 2 weeks ago, i've been babyin ...

03 wrx Death wobble

Ok, so I'm new to forums and i just got an 03 wrx about 2 weeks ago, i've been babyin it and eventually i opened it up a little bit. I got up to about 100mph no problem but then it started to shake. like shaking pretty good. i rebalance my tires and still no difference. anyone have some ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check your wheel bearings and struts...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Where is the shake felt? Is it in the steering wheel or the entire car?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I have fairly significant, increasing wobble in my steering wheel at speeds of 75+, but that's from a slightly bent rim. I second scoobyrex's assessment though, unless you find it likely that a rim is bent

Its felt through out the car, not just the steering wheel. how would i go about checking a strut?

check your ball joints and tie rods also. though generally felt more in the steering wheel they can create a hell of a wobble. also does your wobble happen when your under acceleration or just when your at like partial throttle at high speed. I kind of want to say check your motor/trans mounts, and your pitching stopper....

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would put the car on jack stands and yank around on the wheels.. see if there's any play.

Also check your tires for damage. I just remember when my tire failed it was a similar thing.
    Last edited by MainFrame; 10-11-2011 at 06:55 PM.