Can I get a second opinion?

This is a discussion on Can I get a second opinion? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys me again, so just brief run down here. My car had some CEL come on with the whole ...

Can I get a second opinion? ***Update on car

hey guys me again, so just brief run down here. My car had some CEL come on with the whole flashing and traction off light. After running it to the dealership they told me that all 4 cylinder had a misfire. Cue the horrible mess. After I had the codes reset, they did some tests and found nothing wrong, So off I go, after a few days came back on. And again did some test to find nothing wrong, though the same codes came up or at least some sort of engine misfre came up. After connecting a Stat reader they tried to see what exactly was happening at the time the CEL came on. To no avail cuz the output did nothing apparently. After doing some test and checking the electrical connections because at this time the problem was electrical. Car came back with no codes and it worked for about a week before again coming on. Send back to subaru and this time they reconnected the wires again with some "stab liquid" or so it says on my receipt. car was tested for 3 days and seemed fine. got it back and now after just 2 days of having it back its on again. It happened the same way as before, car started shaking as if the engine was choking and lights came back. I had gotten some engine chocking before and taken back only to be turned away and told that the ECU is readjusting. So here I am with a car with its CEL on and no Cruise and its thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. I'm supposed to go on a 1200 km trip to see family and help my girlfriend with her rough time due to her grandpa falling ill and I want to go pick her up.

So the question is: Can I or Should I drive the car?
    Summary: the car seems to run find when it finally stops with the choking, I also did a AB service as well. and before the mechanics had told me it was only electrical and the car would still be drive-able, the Code on the Receipt they got was P0073

So yes or no?

PS opinion is just an opinion and i wont get mad if something bad were to happen
    Last edited by Lionheart153; 10-12-2011 at 09:41 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Personally I advise you to look into you the "lemon law" take a 12 at your choice of color and put your car payment every month your waiting for the new to arrive in the bank.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I'm sorry i'm not quite sure what you mean? Your saying i should get a new car?

I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure if they have the lemon law in Canada.

Edit: Did a seach:Our "Lemon law" would be your CAMVAP http://www.camvap.ca/eng/consumers_guide.htm
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

We have this? CAMVAP

I Support ClubWRX
    yup.

Thanks I appreciate the heads up. But it doesn't really solve my problem. Should I drive it or rent a car. Again due to thanksgiving weekend I can't exactly get the dealer to give me a loaner again

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldnt drive the car. I would advise you take it to the dealer, let them know you are looking into the law and either rent or borrow a car.

sigh thats what i thought guess ill be driving a suzuki swift instead of a wrx....

So an update on the situation. After taking it to the dealership again, they are replacing the whole wiring harness in the car. After being told that my car will be out for a month and getting pretty much taken apart, I'm not to happy with my new cars reliability. I contact CAMVAP and they assured me that even though Subaru is handling it well, paying for repairs/loaner car, they told me I could still file an issue to state that I believe the vehicle is a lemon. However I have to give Subaru a chance to respond first. So subaru canada called me back yestarday and I explained my situation and how I believe its unfair that a new car less then a year old has this many problems. And that I believe that its a lemon. The agent from CAMVAP told me jot down a list of faults I had noticed with the vehicle. Remembering back to last year, I do remember the car had a few shakes, issue with the speakers, a scraping sound from the clutch when the car is started cold, are among some that I can remember. The Subaru customer service agent told me that realistically I won't get a new car, which doesn't help, but I will try to fight it. If this wiring harness replacement fails, It will be a big plus to my campaign to get a new car I think.

Hello, so to conclude what happened. Subaru replaced my spark plugs and that fixed the issue..... :|

After all that it was only the spark plugs?

Well glad that you got it all sorted and get to keep the car!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    amazing.Great to hear it all worked out.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.