Code P0341 Car is not runnung Help!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Code P0341 Car is not runnung Help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I thought the alternator was going because of the whining sound under the hood it would come and go, sometimes ...

Code P0341 Car is not runnung Help!

I thought the alternator was going because of the whining sound under the hood it would come and go, sometimes revving the engine helped but now its almost a grinding whine, and im getting code po341. Camshaft position sensor Circuit range/ performancs.

I'm really worried that i broke something hope this is not the case.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just what i found on google seems like it could be a bad sensor

A code P0341 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
    Cam sensor wiring routed too close to spark plug wiring (causing interference)
    Poor wiring connection at cam sensor
    Poor wiring connection at PCM
    Bad cam sensor
    Damaged reluctor wheel
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #619

Hawk-Eye Alliance #619

P0341

This is the procedure for diagnosing a P0340 but it is the same for your CEL
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

I Support ClubWRX
    Clean the sensor face or replace the sensor.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Ok, I found that the timing belt is loose i dont think it skipped a tooth anywhere though. I cant get the center cover off though, because the crank pully is in the way and I cant find a way to brace the thing so I can turn the bolt. I dont have to use a flywheel tool do I? I tried putting it in gear and locking the brake but it still wants to keep turning.

Apparently its either the idler pully or the tensioner allowing the slack to throw off the cam sensor.

Definitely have that fixed before you drive anywhere. I'd also have a shop check the timing to make sure it didn't in fact skip a tooth.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

it will definately be fixed before i drive anywhere I just cant find info on how to lock the crankshaft so I can remove the crankshaft pully in order to get ther rest of the timing cover off. I hope i dont have to access the flywheel.

I Support ClubWRX
    To remove the pulley solo one has to put the car in a high gear, chock the wheels, and pull the hand brake. Then go at it with a breaker bar if need be. The worry here though is that you said the timing belt is somehow loose, and you definitely don't want to mess with stuff enough to make it jump even if the motor is off. Get a friend to step on the brake and/or get a good air gun.

There is a tool too but I have never used or I think even seen one in real life.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Definitely have that fixed before you drive anywhere. I'd also have a shop check the timing to make sure it didn't in fact skip a tooth.
    +4

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    If you dont have air tools....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crank_pulley_removal_tool_subaru_600_2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	99825

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.