2011 wrx lifter knock already warrenty may be voided just my luck
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx lifter knock already warrenty may be voided just my luck within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so as I was on my way home I started hearing a ticking coming from my car its only ...

2011 wrx lifter knock already warrenty may be voided just my luck

Ok so as I was on my way home I started hearing a ticking coming from my car its only got 14600 miles on it almost due for the 1500o mike oil change and the lifters started knocking bad I called the dealer the said bring it in I took the Aem intake off acessport and recirc valve offvand the exhaust reverted everything back to stock hopefully they don't pick up the ap on the ecu printout anyone have any comments about dealerships and the acessport and if there really undectable

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You should be fine. Good luck
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Hopefully I've never been so nervous to go to a dealership lol if they do accept the warranty anyone have any ideas on how long it will take them to fix it I'm super upset about this and if not ima trade it on a sti I do believe

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by devyn339
    Ok so as I was on my way home I started hearing a ticking coming from my car its only got 14600 miles on it almost due for the 1500o mike oil change and the lifters started knocking bad I called the dealer the said bring it in I took the Aem intake off acessport and recirc valve offvand the exhaust reverted everything back to stock hopefully they don't pick up the ap on the ecu printout anyone have any comments about dealerships and the acessport and if there really undectable
    Quote Originally Posted by devyn339
    Hopefully I've never been so nervous to go to a dealership lol if they do accept the warranty anyone have any ideas on how long it will take them to fix it I'm super upset about this and if not ima trade it on a sti I do believe
    You'd be super upset if because you didn't live up to your half of the warranty contract they won't live up to theirs? That's rational.

Was the exhaust a catback or turboback? It would take a moron of a tech not to notice that the downpipe bolts had been tampered with.

In case you weren't aware, dealerships have the ability to "good will" some/all of the repairs; however, if I was a service manager and someone tried to slip one by me thinking I wouldn't notice, there is no way I would consider it. My advice is to just be honest and see what they're willing to do for you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

i wouldnt worry about it. I have been dealing with subaru with my 2011 wrx rough idle issue and temp gauge moves around and my car stalls from 1 1/5 rpm to 3 rpm in every gear. been dealing with subaru for months now. they will fix it but it might take them 12 trys. be prepared to not have you car for a while. im thinking to upgrade to the sti cause i cant justify taking my rex into the subu dealer ever month. I believe something is defective in my car cause they cant fix the issue and keep giving me the car back the same way. they even flew an engineer down to figure it out and he couldnt. my cars going back in to the dealer tomorrow lets see what they say now. My rex is stock though but they never asked if i had mods so i wouldnt worry about it.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^I remember you posting a while ago that you wanted to sell you car & get an STI.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I agree one should be as honest with the techs as possible just to get it fixed right unless you'd be really that bent out of shape about paying to get it fixed but I do have a question about the ticking I have an 03 wrx when I bought it the guy said it was a new motor with around 8000 miles on it when I bought it it had a faint tick that I thought was just normal givin that the car has so much stuff done to it well over time it got louder and louder when looking it up I have seen videos had heard stories of other 03's doing the same thing and on the videos the tick sounded exactly like mine ppl have told me its normal but I have a hard time believing that can anyone help me on what you think?

^ tick is prob the clutch. See if it makes a different sound when u push the clutch in. In neutral while the car is idle push the clutch see if the sound goes away. I dont think its an issue.

Sorry but I can't even read your posts. You'll get a lot more people taking time to try and help if you'd take the time to use punctuation and capitalization. I'm not going to give myself a headache trying to read your posts if you can't do that.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

U talkin to me? I have add i cant puctuate.

I use tpaptalk nuff said.

I'm sorry, if your were talking about my post and your right I'm sure It would be hard to read. But the noise is most def. coming from the motor. Now that the weather is cooling down I have noticed some days the tick is louder than others. The tick goes with the RPM's and does not go away when I push in the clutch. The only time it seems to be silent is when I am coming to a stop Before I push in the clutch (like idling down I guess) Any suggestions?

Thumbs up

If you're commenting about my post, its because I've been using club Wrx.net on my Android I'm srry I have fat thumbs and autocorrect is gay lol

I lol'd..Ej257 seems to do quite fine punctuating with tapatalk.

I Support ClubWRX
    Lifter knock? We have OHC. These are not push rod motors.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.