Bad front o2 sensor?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Bad front o2 sensor? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; CEL tonight on the wrx, plugged in AP and got P0031. After a bit of searching through the forums I ...

Bad front o2 sensor?

CEL tonight on the wrx, plugged in AP and got P0031. After a bit of searching through the forums I found a possibility of melted wires due to not being run through the clip at the top. Well the wires were all in good condition, seemingly. I used a digital multimeter to test the white and blue wires for resistance and came back with nothing. i also just tried the black wires for kicks, nothing there either. Oh, I also tried resetting the ecu, light came back on after about 10 seconds.

Bad front o2 / A/F Sensor? Is there any particular thing that can CAUSE this or is this just something random? Anyone have any suggestions of what else i should try before ordering a new sensor? And if it is the sensor, where should I get one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no one?

on a side note, i called the local dealership and it's $390 bucks for the sensor. Amazon has it for $105. nice hey?

What mods are you done to your WRX, particularly the exhaust? What year is it? Thats almost a hard fault if the CEL comes back on that quick. Is your WRX automatic or manual? Do you notice any rough idle or decreased fuel mileage? A lot of subarus are very touchy with aftermarket components ( catalytic converters, ignition components, thermostats, and axles to name a few). There are people who will tell you you can wire in a this brand sensor and it will work but as far as a front AF sensor I would most definitely get it from Subaru if that is indeed your problem....How many miles are on the car?

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    What mods are you done to your WRX, particularly the exhaust? What year is it? Thats almost a hard fault if the CEL comes back on that quick. Is your WRX automatic or manual? Do you notice any rough idle or decreased fuel mileage? A lot of subarus are very touchy with aftermarket components ( catalytic converters, ignition components, thermostats, and axles to name a few). There are people who will tell you you can wire in a this brand sensor and it will work but as far as a front AF sensor I would most definitely get it from Subaru if that is indeed your problem....How many miles are on the car?
    I'll answer your questions but first I will post up that i replaced my front o2 / A/F Sensor with a new one and the cel is gone. In case anyone else was waiting for an answer on this. I bought a denso sensor on amazon. reviews were great so i went for it. if i have any issues with it down the road, i will post in this thread.

04 wrx 5speed manual. Cobb SF intake, turbo XS RFL blow off & cbe. Currently in stage 1. CEL wasn't on long enough to notice whether or not i was getting decreased fuel mileage and my car has 88k miles on it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.