Blower Motor Help

This is a discussion on Blower Motor Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The Fan for my Heat/a/c stopped working. I can hear the relay trip on when I turn the air on. ...

Blower Motor Help

The Fan for my Heat/a/c stopped working. I can hear the relay trip on when I turn the air on. I assume that the Blower motor has gone bad. Are there any DYIs to change the motor or take the dashboard off? if so can you post them for me. Thanks.

2003 wrx wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickClownX View Post
    The Fan for my Heat/a/c stopped working. I can hear the relay trip on when I turn the air on. I assume that the Blower motor has gone bad. Are there any DYIs to change the motor or take the dashboard off? if so can you post them for me. Thanks.

2003 wrx wagon
    Go on Ebay, I had the motor go out on mine"2005" replaced whold blower assy. Just take glove box out like changing air filter and you can reach all the bolts. Make sure it's the right one as some have a resistor for the blower control and some have a transistor. Over all a piece of cake.

Awesome, I will check It out tomorrow, Thanks

Anyone still here? I've got the same problem. I've pulled the resistor. I tested the line running into it and there's no power to it. Fueses, relays, all check out. Any thoughts? Everyone I've talked to says resistor, but I'm a little hesitant considering the fan doesn't work on any setting. Thanks.

So you're saying that you're not getting 12v running to the motor after the resistor? Or that you're not getting any voltage at all to the wires running to it?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I've got no power to the blower motor. Working backwards I found that the line that feeds the resistor, 4 pin flat connector in my model, shows no power. Everything up to there has tested good. I tested the resistor with my DMM and their is resistance between the pins, although I haven't been able to find the published specs. But it appears that there is no power entering from the switch. I thought it might be the switch, but when adjusted it hits the relay fine. Thanks for the reply, I went last winter with no heat....not this year.

FYI - I have a 03 sedan, same as OP.