P1230 and PINGING when under boost!!! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on P1230 and PINGING when under boost!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so the tactrix cable says the code is specifically my fuel pump controller... NOW I'm tryin to buy it ...

Ok so the tactrix cable says the code is specifically my fuel pump controller... NOW I'm tryin to buy it from local parts store and it looks different. When I googled "wrx fuel pump controller" a squared looking relay pops up, but the part number at the store is a round shaped relay. Very different... Can someone help me out by posting a picture of what exactly I should be looking for?

BOOST FIEND!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Fuel Pump Controller Removal Procedure

Fuel Pump Controller

REMOVAL

1. Disconnect (-) battery cable (pic. 1)
    2. Remove Rear Quarter Trim Passenger Side
    3. Disconnect the connector from control unit (Pic.2)
    4. Remove Fuel Pump Control unit (Pic. 3)

Sorry the pictures are kinda crappy but this is what i found, itll probably make more sense when your actually looking at the thing. R&R time is 1.4 btw.
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

I've gotten all that already, so now is to test the actual fpc for accurate voltage... Which prongs do I touch to the multimeter

BOOST FIEND!!!

oops sorry i didnt know ill pull the wiring diagram for you

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Thank you I appreciate the help

BOOST FIEND!!!

I also read it could be a bad ground.. I have the rear and passenger side interior ripped out to try and find bad wiring

BOOST FIEND!!!

not a problem but it would be hard to imagine a wiring problem becuase theres not a whole lot of stuff that could pinch those wires or anything of that nature but anywho heres the FPC circuit diagram and the diag procedure
    Attachment 99884
    Attachment 99883
    Attachment 99885

This is getting frustrating, my fpc doesn't look like the one on the diagram, so its hard for me to distinguish where I should be checking voltage.. I'm definitely not a wiring person, so I've been looking for something exactly like mine to figure it out.. and I have no idea how to post pictures from my phone so I can get better help

BOOST FIEND!!!

AHHHH HA! I found the real diagram got the wires and colors ill tell you the abbreviations for the colors too. i think i pulled a connector diagram or sum siht sooo yea this is the right one.

B - Black
    BY - Black n Yellow (mostly black with a yellow line)
    LgR - Light Green and red
    VW - Violet and White
    BW - Black and White
    BOr - Black and Orange

If you need the fuel relay and pump assy. colors just let me know sorry for the confusion

Your a life saver bro! I had been looking all day yesterday and never pulled a diagram this detailed. I have been on forums all over and lots of .people have the same issue but like 5 years ago and NONE of them say the issue was ever fixed! I hope this helps.. I HOPE MY CAR GETS FIXED, with this

BOOST FIEND!!!

So I was tryin to check all this and the fuel pump connector wires are different colors the what the diagram states... Back at it again :'(

BOOST FIEND!!!

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yuk - that is the kind of job I would seriously consider getting a trained tech to work through.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I would prefer that so much... But $117 per hour is out of my budget right now.. that's what they wanna charge at the dealership.. I don't have any good knowledgeable subaru pals

BOOST FIEND!!!

Besides you guys helping me of course

BOOST FIEND!!!

I've been trying to find like a Hanes manual to help me out

BOOST FIEND!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.