need help! loosing engine oil...

This is a discussion on need help! loosing engine oil... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys as I just realized that I am loosing oil just change my oil 2-3 months ago and i ...

need help! loosing engine oil...

hey guys as I just realized that I am loosing oil just change my oil 2-3 months ago and i have to add a quart just recently and I noticed some leak coming from one of the bolt near a connection harness below alternator and above the timing belt cover can u help me guys tnx. i'll attached the pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0524.jpg   IMG_0523.jpg  
    Cobb Stage 2 and Heat Shield, NGK Iridium spark plugs, Invidia up pipe, divorced catted dp, G200 exhaust, GP Moto elbow, K&N Filter and Tein Flex Coilovers, Kartboy short throw and rubber bushing. Whiteline swaybars and bushings, kart boy end links, DBA F/R rotor hawks pads.
    Turbo upgrades processing

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's pretty impossible to tell where the actual leak is. You need to clean things off and then try and isolate the source, or at least get under there and try and find the newest/wettest spot after you drive it.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

like teflon said just clean everything off as best as you can check under the car too make sure theres not a bigger leak under there. At our shop we have the customer come back after 500-750 miles after cleaning the oil off. Theres a couple things behind the cover that could be the issya. How many miles on the car?
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

I am sorry guys the first two picture posted are inverted. Just realize this morning. I now put an arrow where I saw where the oil is coming out. The the two extra pictures is just to give some reference where is the close up shot came from. tnx again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0523.jpg   IMG_0535.jpg   IMG_0534.jpg  
    Cobb Stage 2 and Heat Shield, NGK Iridium spark plugs, Invidia up pipe, divorced catted dp, G200 exhaust, GP Moto elbow, K&N Filter and Tein Flex Coilovers, Kartboy short throw and rubber bushing. Whiteline swaybars and bushings, kart boy end links, DBA F/R rotor hawks pads.

I have 57 k miles on my car and I already checked under the car and did not see any leak.

can anyone tell me what could be the possible problem on my oil leak, I put an arrow on the pictures I posted.The leak is coming from that one bolt only that I marked with arrow. Does anyone have the same problem I have. tnx!

You really need to clean it off before you can tell. Oil spreads like crazy so it could be coming from anywhere in there. I doubt it's coming from that bolt since very few bolts actually also plug something other than power steering. It's probably coming from somewhere else.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading