WTF battery?

This is a discussion on WTF battery? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I haven't been able to drive my car for a week, and the wife says my battery is dead.... ...

WTF battery?

So I haven't been able to drive my car for a week, and the wife says my battery is dead.... its a 2011 with about 3k miles, TBE, and Cobb stage 2. All the lights have been off, and she hasn't touched it. The only thing I can think of is maybe the parking brake was draining the power from somewhere, and the only thing connected on the inside is the AP cable. Any help would be great. thanks.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #5085 -

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Was the AP connected to the car?If you have a hatch was the light in the cargo area left on?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a trip to AutoZone to me...
    Clark Tuned | Cobb SRI, DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | STi Group-N Engine Mounts | Plate Relocation | KB F+R Endlinks, Pitch Stop, Shift Knob, F+R Shift Bushings | Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear, Gearbox +Shift | PST Carbon Driveshaft | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | Yakima Roof Rack + Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

the AP itself isn't connected, but the trunk light is the one I suspect. I guess she can get a charger or jump the car and let it run for a few hours.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #5085 -

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe the parking lamp switch was turned on accidentally?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

IDK, she says all the switches were off.. Odd that a brand new battery would lose charge after just a week.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #5085 -

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've had that happen before actually. If the battery that was selected for install was sitting for a long period prior to use it could certainly be enough time to kill it.
    Clark Tuned | Cobb SRI, DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | STi Group-N Engine Mounts | Plate Relocation | KB F+R Endlinks, Pitch Stop, Shift Knob, F+R Shift Bushings | Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear, Gearbox +Shift | PST Carbon Driveshaft | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | Yakima Roof Rack + Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

I Support ClubWRX
    We can all speculate but the only way to verify is going to be on your end. Load test the battery (cars/parts have warrenties for a reason) and get a multimeter and test the car system. Could easily be that the alternator is defective as well.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S