blow off valve / turbo timer / battery issue
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on blow off valve / turbo timer / battery issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Interesting title i know. So i'm having some issues. I have the turboxs RFL blow off valve (i didn't put ...

blow off valve / turbo timer / battery issue

Interesting title i know.

So i'm having some issues. I have the turboxs RFL blow off valve (i didn't put it on, came with the car) and i've been having some issues with the car almost stalling or stalling when letting off the gas. so i tried adjusting the bov thought maybe it was staying open too long. there were 2 washers in there, so i put in a 3rd and bingo, now the almost stalling issue *SEEMS* to be resolved. for now. the bov isn't nearly as loud either, unless i shift fairly high and give it a decent amount of throttle.

now, onto the issue. This sort of happened the other day, i got home and shut off the key and the turbo timer engaged. shortly after the turbo timer came on, the cel came on. same thing happened now. Only, after the car shut off, now the battery is acting dead. ????

I know, pull the turbo timer out, not only is it not necessary but it's probably the main issue here. any other thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

one thing i forgot to mention / question. I don't want to adjust the bov to the point where it's not going to be functioning properly and start potentially damaging the turbo, does anyone know the amount of adjustment washers that normally come with the turboxs rfl bov?

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Get rid of the BOV for a stock BPV and recirc hose and get rid of the turbo timer. Thats the only proper solution.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    Get rid of the BOV for a stock BPV and recirc hose and get rid of the turbo timer. Thats the only proper solution.
    that's more or less what i was expecting. i've read nothing but bad things about this bov.

Quote Originally Posted by kajun View Post
    that's more or less what i was expecting. i've read nothing but bad things about any bov.
    There, I made that statement slightly more true

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    I would say 99% of situations are better off with a stock BPV, only extreme situations benefit from aftermarket
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I think the only way a BPV would be really helpful is with a rotated turbo setup that requires eliminating the MAF, and I would definitely have to agree that that's a very rare situation.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.