Jacking up 2011 WRX

This is a discussion on Jacking up 2011 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Could somebody help identify where to jack up my car from ? I've labelled areas 1, 2 and 3 on ...

Jacking up 2011 WRX

Could somebody help identify where to jack up my car from ?

I've labelled areas 1, 2 and 3 on the photo attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jack.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	99397

My jack only reaches until #1 easily..

Is it safe to jack it up from that bolt.. ? I don't think the middle of the triangular metal piece is a good place since it might bend it..

What is the most common point? I want to jack up just one side.. I don't want to use the place in the manual where the jack that comes with the spare goes, since it will probably bend it with the jack I have.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Probably wouldn't use any of those spots... there are areas near the frame rail which are identified in the user manual.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

Problem is my jack will probably bend something there, because it will not fit nicely like the jack that comes with the car.. I've always found a place around the area in the photo for every car I've had.. until this one.

i've seen people put wood blocks between the jack and the car and use the standard jack points with similar concerns. Obviously thats not stable so don't get under the car until you got stands in.

Best solution would probably be to find a less jacked-up jack that wont jack up your car while still jacking up your car.

I Support ClubWRX
    lower control arm.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    lower control arm.
    Yes I'd agree. Look for areas that are thick steel that's mounted firmly to the frame. Steel that thick is designed to take big impacts while driving at 80 mph on the highway so the relatively low impact of jacking it is much less than daily driving.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    I use the jackpoint mentioned in the manual and have done so many times both with the supplied oem jack initially & with my hydraulic jack.All without anything bending or breaking.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.