CEL,TCS lights on, Flashing Cruise
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CEL,TCS lights on, Flashing Cruise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; On my way to run an errand, lights suddenly came on. Car is bone stock, oil change recently done, sitting ...

CEL,TCS lights on, Flashing Cruise

On my way to run an errand, lights suddenly came on. Car is bone stock, oil change recently done, sitting at 22K. Car is 2011 WRX not even a year old yet. Everything seems fine so far, only thing i seem to notice is the idle seems oddly low once it warms up but this could just me being paranoid because I get the feeling it idles around the same regularly. Only thing that happened recently that may contribute is I let my girlfriend drive it one night and she overturned the car when it was running. I don't know if that could be an issue but does anyone have and ideas? I've done a lot of research and it seems like it happens quite often on brand new cars. And I know someone will start saying that nothing can be done until a code is produced but any help would be great, I can't get into the dealership till Tuesday on account that this occurred Saturday night at 9pm. And no one to call. I did find that if the CEL is not flashing, it should be ok to drive? My life makes it quite unmanageable if I don't have a car as I work FT and go to school FT. So is it safe to drive you think???

any input would be great
    I've tried turning car off and back on, made sure fuel cap was on properly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart153 View Post
    Only thing that happened recently that may contribute is I let my girlfriend drive it one night and she overturned the car when it was running.
    I assume you mean she tried to turn the engine over while it was running, not that she overturned the car. That would certainly cause problems.....

Trying to start an already running car won't really do anything other than chipping a tooth on your flywheel and/or starter motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart153 View Post
    And I know someone will start saying that nothing can be done until a code is produced but any help would be great, I can't get into the dealership till Tuesday on account that this occurred Saturday night at 9pm. And no one to call. I did find that if the CEL is not flashing, it should be ok to drive? My life makes it quite unmanageable if I don't have a car as I work FT and go to school FT. So is it safe to drive you think???
    You're right, we need a code before anybody can tell you anything. Go to a local auto parts store and ask them to pull the code. They'll do it for free, and they're open on Sundays.

If the CEL isn't flashing, it's unlikely you're going to damage anything if you just drive it conservatively and don't start flooring it and driving it hard. However, it's possible you could damage something. There's too many things that could be wrong to know for sure. But I'd say you're fine to go to an auto parts store so they can pull the code, and then you can post that back on here and people can help you out.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thank you, its members like you that I like clubwrx.net so much better then NAISOC

Thanks, other members like me are the reason I'm always on this site and stopped visiting Nasty Sock (i.e. naisoc) several years ago.

Please post the code(s) when you get it/them.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thanks again, so i got the codes after seeing a dealership early in the am. codes P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304
    So he said a misfire on all 4 cylinders.....

after he checked the codes, i left and went home, the car had an issue starting right after the code was read, took a few extra seconds to turn over, but after it started the lights went off and it was fine? i read somewhere in this forum that it happened to someone the same as well except i had all 4 misfires
    Last edited by Lionheart153; 09-19-2011 at 08:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.