idle problems and black smnoke

This is a discussion on idle problems and black smnoke within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i just changed out the original turbo on my 03 wrx and about a month ago put a walbro ...

idle problems and black smnoke

so i just changed out the original turbo on my 03 wrx and about a month ago put a walbro 255 fuel pump. i got a turbo which is the same as stock (tdo4)from a guy who parted out his car and it has aprox 30k miles on it. and after swaping the turbo my friend checked everything out with his snap on comp and it showed me running a little lean. so he loosened the wastegate to turn the boost down and now im maxing out at 10 lbs of boost and it was running fine. but after shutting it off to get food when i get back and turn it on it sounds like it has a big cam just idling rough maybe about 200 rpm. and there is black smoke comming from the exhaust. any ideas on what it can be?
    03 wrx
    cobb ap stg2
    4in dp
    sti tmic
    full exahust
    any help would be great
    No Fat H00$ car will scrape!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Black smoke would be unburnt fuel. How are your spark plugs?
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

I Support ClubWRX
    Turning down the boost by adjusting the wastegate is the incorrect way of doing it. How exactly did he determine the car was running lean? Did you guys do a WOT run?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S