New up pipe - throwing code p0031.

This is a discussion on New up pipe - throwing code p0031. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just recently installed a new TurboXS up pipe on my 03 WRX. I accidentally bought one without a spot for ...

Registered User WhiteRabbit1021's Avatar

New up pipe - throwing code p0031.

Just recently installed a new TurboXS up pipe on my 03 WRX. I accidentally bought one without a spot for the 02 sensor. My local garage told me I'd be fine without it and it would not throw any codes. However, after the install my car is throwing a CEL. I used my accessport to pull the code and it is p0031 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low. Is this because of the missing 02 sensor or did I damage another 02 sensor during the install?

I've found lots of information on it, but a lot of it is conflicting. Some posts say p0031 has to do with the 02 sensor in the manifold only which is why I'm asking.
    '03 DubRex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There is no O2 sensor in the up pipe. The up pipe uses an EGT sensor. Since you have an AP you can have it deal with the CEL for the EGT.

Info on P0031:
    New Help! both 02 sensors and no CAT
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.