Hit and Run how should I claim this on insurance?

This is a discussion on Hit and Run how should I claim this on insurance? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have had a rough week...and I was hit and run a couple days ago... I was sitting stopped at ...

Hit and Run how should I claim this on insurance?

I have had a rough week...and I was hit and run a couple days ago...

I was sitting stopped at a light the interesection was full and the light was green. An a**hat in a jeep cherokee behind me goes to pass me on the left and clips my bumper doing maybe 5 mph. It didnt crack anything, it didn't pop anything outa place. All it did was leave scratches. There was a sheriff sitting on my right he turns his lights on tells us to pull over once the light turns green again. The light turns green and the cops turns right, I turn right following and the jeep guns it going straight... and the cops chases but never caught back up to him...

So with my deductible being 500 i cant claim it becuase im thinking the damage is under 500.00 and the car probably depreciated due to being hit... im just like wtf...

What would you guys do? is there a chance there is damage behind the bumper cover? and when i go to replace the bumper i wont do stock again...so which rear bumper cover would you put on a 2010 WRX? the 2011? I have single exhaust output made by Invidia the race pipe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just looked at the 2011...doubt it will fit...

2011 rear bumper won't fit as it is wider than the 2010. If the bumper cover is not cracked then I doubt that there would be any damage behind it. Take it to a body shop and ask for their opinion and an estimate to repair it.

When my rear bumper was hit it was scratched and scuffed up pretty bad. Same damage as you it seems, no cracks, no extensive damage. I took it to my shop and was quoted about $1000 for filling in the scratches, sanding, repainting the entire bumper, etc. My rear fender had a slight dent so that affected my price but I think you'll still be at least $500+.

Sorry to hear what happened to your car. My incident happened 2 weeks after my 2011 wrx purchase so I feel your pain. Take it to a reputable shop and see what they say. Best of luck.