Can EGT code from Uppipe cause sluggishness?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Can EGT code from Uppipe cause sluggishness? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 04 4eat wrx has been running very sluggish lately, i have an hks uppipe with an egt bung in ...

Can EGT code from Uppipe cause sluggishness?

My 04 4eat wrx has been running very sluggish lately, i have an hks uppipe with an egt bung in it with the sensor still installed (no resistor mod) so of course i am getting high exhaust gas temp codes. can this be the problem behind my car's sluggishness?

(and for those who have seen my previous posts, i havnt gotten the compression/leakdown test done yet, car is in the shop right now and i will have them do it soon, just wondering if this is a possible cause too)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Are you sure you're not getting a low exhaust gas temp code?

All the EGT sensor is used for is to throw a CEL (basically) so input from that is not going to cause any problems as far as how the car runs. However, if you are in fact getting a code for high exhaust gas temp then there is something else wrong. EGTs measured in the uppipe will be much lower without the catalytic converter in there. High EGTs is a sign of lean condition.

oh ok. the code im getting is P0546 Exhaust gas temperature sensor circuit high bank 1.

i was just wondering if the sensor throwing up lights could be telling my ecu to go easy.
    in that case do you think it could be a bad injector/coil pack/fuel pump?

EGT won't cause limp-in mode?
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

thats what i was wondering, ok thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.