smoke under hood

This is a discussion on smoke under hood within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ive owned my 2002 wrx for about 4 months now and only twice in the time ive owned it i ...

smoke under hood

ive owned my 2002 wrx for about 4 months now and only twice in the time ive owned it i realized when i stopped that there was white smoke coming from under the hood. i would originally think coolant leak from turbo is dripping onto downpipe and burning off but i located it to the front drivers side of the engine bay. you can see the smoke and smell the coolant. im 99% positive its a coolant leak thats burning off something in engine bay but i cant track it. nothings wet and im not dripping any coolant. and then if i start my car up a little later it doesnt happen any more. the only thing i cant understand is why it only does it sometimes did it once when i got the car and just one time this morning but after letting it sit i drove it all after noon with no smell of coolant or smoke. i highly doubt its anything head gasket related it doesnt overheat. i havnt noticed any coolant loss so far. no unusual smoke out of exhaust. coolant and oil are clean. im just stumped anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Have the system pressure tested.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Winds like you have a pin hole leak some where and its spraying on you exhaust manifold

yeah when i was still in school i had acess to every tool i could ever need.but ill probably just put down a deposit tomorrow and borrow one from autozone and see if it holds pressure. and your right it might be pin size hole but i dont get how it doesnt leak 95% of the time