((--HELP!! Oil pump not making pressure, new engine--))
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on ((--HELP!! Oil pump not making pressure, new engine--)) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My pump isn't pumping. Installed new engine ej257 + hybrid heads. with killer-b pickup, sti pump. I am positive that ...

((--HELP!! Oil pump not making pressure, new engine--))

My pump isn't pumping.
    Installed new engine ej257 + hybrid heads. with killer-b pickup, sti pump. I am positive that the pickup has a new O-ring. That I am sure of! However I am not sure about the oil pump.
    I tried to get oil to pump quite a few times and never got it to pump. First started trying to prim the vf39 but realized I was sol. So started back, PUlled the filter and NOthing in it.
    Replaced my battery and tried again, 15 sec. NOTHING.
    Im not sure if there are special priming procedures for these engines but, I went ahead and removed the rad. Iím about to pull the cover/ all timing crap to check my pump. But Id like to know If I am taking it too far.

Any help would be great Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Can you measure oil pressure? The light never goes off? It should. I can't understand why you'd not have oil flow though. Is the pickup clogged or something?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

IDK, it is a brand new pump, And I revealed No oil inside of the filter what so ever.
    I am no expert on the inner workings of these pumps but I did manage to find someone on theRs25 forums that had the same issue with a built motor, He however, drove his new engine around the block without his pump working.
    I read that there might be some kind of by-pass valve on this pumps that might be stuck or something. IDK I still would sure like to find someone that I can talk to that can help me back up my theory. As well as help me fix my "crap pump". . Any incite will be greatly appreciated.
    Jeremy .

I Support ClubWRX
    There is a sprung relief valve, yes. It recirculates oil into the pump's own inlet when necessary. I do not know how to trouble shoot it though, sorry. As you are looking at the pump, the tilted shaft on the right side is the relief mechanism. The inlet is on that same side.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Nah, I called Mr killer B himself today. Got it figured out. Just a dry dam engine.
    I pulled the spark plugs and with a fresh battery turned her over. 14 seconds later oil shot out of the cylinder head turbo feed Worked like a charm. Too bad I got oil all over my dam up pipe, and its wrapped too. So yea, its going to smoke for days when I get a tune. I hope to get my tune problem settled tomorrow. Just got done re-installing everything that I pulled off. Soooo tired. Alot of stress today that is for sure.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.